• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Neem Oil ?

i use Neem on my pepper plants with great success the question i have is can i use it on my aphid infested Tomato plants as well ? they are in the blooming stages and these damn pest are all over them would it be safe to use on flowering tomato plants ??????

Neem is supposed to be used on many things including tomatoes...no contraindications here.....I have used it on mine with good success...

How do you mix your neem and how/where do you get it? I have a bottle of neem spray to use on roses and says organic on it, but is it safe to use on something i will eventually eat??

I got my neem oil at my local nursery....if I remember correctly, use 1 TBsp per gallon of water...mix it when you need it...

Cool deal, thanks. I'm going tomorrow for neem, epsom salts, and a few extra pepper plants if i can find any that look right.

I figured i'd just use a gallon jug from iced tea or something and use a cheap spray bottle. Should work like a charm. :)

So...before i start posting all over the place looking for answers, is there a "growing peppers for dummies" kind of thread i should read??

I too look to have an Aphid problem. Bloody creatures ruin the entire planet

I tried 100% Neem Oil concentrate, at 0.01% diluted in water, and a few drops of dish washing liquid, still didnt seem to do much. Not sure if the Aphids are tolerable to the stuff, or if I didnt cover all the plant properly.

Anyway, Neil from TheHippySeedCompany put me onto some lemon rind in boiling water, cooled, then a few drops of dish washing liquid. Not sure if its done the trick, but I think its definitely reduced the numbers. Might have to repeat a few times.

The problem I find is the damn things lodge themselves inside the flowers buds. Now if the flowers buds dont pollinate quick enough, they manage to destroy the entire thing, so I've had flower drop galore recently.

i use 100 % neem oil at a rate of 1 Oz. per Gallon of warm water and two drops of soap it does wonders for me so far

Back