• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New to the site and just want to get acquanted and I also have a couple Q's

Hey guys, found this forum today! Looks great and also very active it seems. Nice to meet all of you! Anyways to the questions.  I started my first grow of super hots this summer and decided to start with Moruga Scorpions!  I have eaten hot peppers whole before just not any super hots. I had a habanero last year that was about on par with Blair's Ultra Death sauce which was a huge surprise to me! Anyways I have a weak stomach when it comes to hot peppers I found out. After I ate the habanero I was in pain for a few hours after (I didnt have much to eat though so that may have attributed to the pain). I would like to try to eat a whole Scorpion when they are ripe but not quite sure what I should do to prepare... I eat alot of Blairs Ultra Death sauce per week, I put it on anything I can haha. 

Any tips would be great! Thanks!

If a habanero bothered you for a long period do yourself a favor and DO NOT eat a TSM. If you want so see how hot they are slice a very small piece from the bottom of the pepper far end from the stem. Sit back and hold on!

:welcome:

Thanks for the suggestion. Ya the habanero hhurt my stomach more so than the actual heat in the mouth.. I didn't drink anything for two hrs after I ate it and was fine. I am just worried about my stomach getting ripped apart lol!

If you think about it a bottle of ultra death is rated at about 800k SHU*, but you're only eating a bit at a time, hence a smaller amount of capsaicin.

When you eat a whole pod you instead get the full amount of capsaicin in said pod. Tscorps have a average of 1.2mil SHU*

I think you get the idea :-)

*I just pulled this numbers off the interwebz.

filmost said:
If you think about it a bottle of ultra death is rated at about 800k SHU*, but you're only eating a bit at a time, hence a smaller amount of capsaicin.

When you eat a whole pod you instead get the full amount of capsaicin in said pod. Tscorps have a average of 1.2mil SHU*

I think you get the idea :-)

*I just pulled this numbers off the interwebz.

Wait when they rate a bottle of sauce, is the rating for all the contents in the bottle??? Like if I had 1/4 a bottle of 800k sauce with the 1/4 be 200k?

DrUnK said:

Wait when they rate a bottle of sauce, is the rating for all the contents in the bottle??? Like if I had 1/4 a bottle of 800k sauce with the 1/4 be 200k?

That's just my assumption and oversimplification. In reality its hard to really judge b/c its all subjective, but I think its a good way to think about it to save your stomach from being torn asunder ;-)

filmost said:

That's just my assumption and oversimplification. In reality its hard to really judge b/c its all subjective, but I think its a good way to think about it to save your stomach from being torn asunder ;-)
Haha, Ok thank you for the heads up!

DrUnK said:
Haha, Ok thank you for the heads up!

For what it's worth, I have been using Fatalii powder for awhile now. And I thought I could handle a whole fresh pod. Which I did, but had cramps for pretty much the rest of the night. 

Different pods of varying heat levels will effect your stomach in different ways. I find sauces etc to hurt my stomach more so then fresh pods. I also find the hotter red varieties to hurt more then yellow pods of similar heat. Go figure. You can never tell how a individual pod will effect you. But if habs are hurting best you work your way to supers and build some tolerance.
Some peoples stomachs just aren't made for whole pod consumption regardless
.. my advice don't be a hero .
.. enjoy and welcome !

Try eating something greasy beforehand, it helps.  If a hab is giving you capsaicin cramps, I wouldn't recommend jumping into the Scorpions until you've built yourself up to them.  Try some bonnets, fataliis, and work your way into ghosts+

Welcome to THP! :fire:

yah its best to work your way up, elsewise it could leave you hurting like you would not believe. And eat a good meal before you eat any raw or otherwise pepper pods that are super hot and pour yourself a big glass of milk and or some real cheese to break the heat. That way it will be easier on the Stomach too although some Super Hots and especially ultra hots will give you really bad stomach Cramps.
I find it best to take a small slice of a super hot at least twice a day till you feel that you can handle a bigger piece.
Some sauces have a lot of vinegar in them which can hurt your stomach more than a piece of a fresh pod, as it puts even more acid in your stomach than really needed, hence that stomach pain and bad heartburn. I don't use very many sauces, but put dried moruga, brain and infinity powder on everything as it doesn't hurt my stomach.

Back