vendor Pepper Joe

In 2009/2010, I did a search for a reliable pepper seed vendor who covered a wide variety of peppers. I tried 3 sites and Pepper Joe was one of them. The other two sites were on a more industrial scale whereas Pepper Joe was still moderately new (I think). The other sites' seeds arrived with about 30 seeds in each pack, but the germination rate was very low (roughly 25%) for what were being called "fresh" seeds. Luckily I had ordered some of my favorites from Pepper Joe because not only did the seeds arrive much faster, but they also had about a 90% germination rate on average. I left some of the plants with my father and they are still growing strong today. The one that I grew from seed in 2011 was the Charleston Pepper and it is currently the largest pepper plant that was grown from seed. Because of this continuous success, I would have to rate Pepper Joe at 5 out of 5 and say that I would definitely recommend a friend. The only issue I can foresee people having is that since the seed is mostly organic... the prices are a bit higher, however it is definitely a worthwhile investment.

GrowTheHeat

Update: Upon further inspection... and a talk with my father I discovered that he has replaced all of the plants and that the "Charleston" was just a generic cayenne. He also told me that the plants never actually produced any fruit... the ones that did were from home depot. So in case you were wondering... my rating just went from 5 to -5 and I would recommend your local home depot over Pepper Joe any day.

Hell yeah! I love PepperJoe.

Lookit these Trinidad Morouga Scorpions I'm growing.

Aug22_0007.jpg

Beauties eh? I've heard they shrink up and blister overnight, so I'm not concerned that it looks nothing like it's supposed to.

Merged with the original thread?

Just inserted an edit with what really happened with the seeds. And miguelovic... there is no way that that is a Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pepper. I also realized that my father cared enough replace the plants.

GrowTheHeat

I'll be selling seeds and pods starting in a few months, mostly just to cover costs.

GTH, your father sounds like a good man. Sounds to me like he didn't want to see you come up empty.

I still owe you some free seeds, as I recall. Got some really interesting new stuff from four or five people recently (thanks again to Ed, Wes, and James, to name a few) and I'm glad to share. PM me your mailing address?

Back