• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What are some sweet good flavored hot peppers?

Looking for some recommendations on a handful of varieties that are sweet, good tasting, and have some decent heat maybe 100-500k SHU..... Thanks!

My new personal fav is Aji Lemon.  Love love love the flavor, but their heat is only around the cayenne level.  I'm going to try the Aji Pineapple, Brazilian Starfish, and Criolla Sella because of similar (so I've heard) taste profiles.

Starfish gets my vote, has a very tasty pod,sweet and almost apple tasting with many pods
Nothing bitter or "floral" about them at all,heat varies alot but some do have a wonderful kick like a jalapeno

Im just going to take a wild guess and assume thats why you are ajijoe... :D. Where can i find some of these?
ajijoe said:
aji lemon drop
aji pineapple
aji omni-color
aji yellow
aji panca
rainforest

Mystery wine.... :D sounds tasty! Where can i find it?
JoynersHotPeppers said:
There's a rumor about some mystery wine pepper....  :shh:

paper lantern hab. I grew them this year by mistake and it turns out they are one of my favs. very sweet up front then the heat of a hab without that strong chinense aftertaste.

I personally find the Aji Dulce varieties aromatic and not so hot.  Or the beak peppers ie Biquinho: aromatic with 0 heat!  Biquinho varieties are prolific producers and cute!
Biquinho Iracema & Airetama (yellow)
DSCN7891.JPG
DSCN4892.JPG

Back