• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Is this a 7 Pot? If yes, what kind?

After a second look it's probably a brain strain, thought it looked more like a moruga at first glance as they are kinda similar in appearance. both have that gnarly ribbed, blistered look

Ya looks like my Red Brain Strain this year all the pods are shaped like that. Mine got planted in a shady spot by accident and have three plants full of pods that may not ripen before frost time.

Any type of Scorpion pepper smell in unmistakeable.  I find Scorpion peppers to be very acidic and have a very pungent taste, I like them in sauces but dont eat them raw. 

If you have ever had a Scorpion pepper,.  cutting this pepper open and smelling should reveal if its a 7 Pot vs a Scorpion type pepper.  Look like a red Brainstran to me, my Red Moruga peppers were much smaller than these.  Glad others had better looking phenotypes than mine. 

Goodluck! 

M

ikeepfish said:
my morugas have smoother "caps" on them, in fact I've never seen morugas with all the blistering and pitting other than in pictures on the net.  It doesn't matter if I have grown them myself or ordered them from SFRBs. 
Hmm my seeds came from RFC, all six plants pods are very bumpy and appear as perfect pheno to me. I have two, my friends have the others, I sprouted. And there all the same

Thank you guys, it looks 7 Pot Brain Strain against Moruga, but more to 7 Pot BS....

Buzzman19 said:
Any type of Scorpion pepper smell in unmistakeable.  I find Scorpion peppers to be very acidic and have a very pungent taste, I like them in sauces but dont eat them raw. 

If you have ever had a Scorpion pepper,.  cutting this pepper open and smelling should reveal if its a 7 Pot vs a Scorpion type pepper.  Look like a red Brainstran to me, my Red Moruga peppers were much smaller than these.  Glad others had better looking phenotypes than mine. 

Goodluck! 

Is my first one, can't compare with any previous...

Jamison said:
Some kinda 7Pot for sure.  It looks a lot like if not identical to the 7Pot SR I grew this year.
I say also a 7Pot, because is it HORRIBLE hot! And the fact that I saw Nigel reviewing a 7Pot Brain Strain was not encouraging me at all!

Back