• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Defcon 1 wingsauce

Well, I finally got around to making some wings with my newly ordered Defcon 1 wingsauce. I must say I'm rather impressed. I VERY rarely like an extract sauce because of that wierd taste, but I actually really loved this sauce. It has a prominant cayenne, and vinegar taste. The cayenne taste is actually really rich. I really love cayennes and grow them, but I've always thought they lack the heat. Whatever he did it gave it quite a bit more heat without messing up the taste. There's something not right with me because I'm always looking for more heat and that's just my tolerance though. I could have used a little more heat,but I'm always looking for more heat though like I said. There's something wrong with me:lol:. I still felt a mild sweat coming off of my forehead, and my lips burned pretty good. As far as heat and flavor it's a keeper. I really enjoyed it. Also, I apologize if I sound like I'm talking in circles. I'm kind of tired.

rabbit said:
Well, I finally got around to making some wings with my newly ordered Defcon 1 wingsauce. I must say I'm rather impressed. I VERY rarely like an extract sauce because of that wierd taste, but I actually really loved this sauce. It has a prominant cayenne, and vinegar taste. The cayenne taste is actually really rich. I really love cayennes and grow them, but I've always thought they lack the heat. Whatever he did it gave it quite a bit more heat without messing up the taste. There's something not right with me because I'm always looking for more heat and that's just my tolerance though. I could have used a little more heat,but I'm always looking for more heat though like I said. There's something wrong with me:lol:. I still felt a mild sweat coming off of my forehead, and my lips burned pretty good. As far as heat and flavor it's a keeper. I really enjoyed it. Also, I apologize if I sound like I'm talking in circles. I'm kind of tired.

There is a very good reason why Defcon has won many awards for their wing sauce. You should come enter the Defcon Deathmatch Championship at the Weekend of Fire at Jungle Jim's. You sound like a perfect contestant to sit at the table of virtue.

im on I think my 5th order now from them even though shopping sucks(not the creators fault) I keep doing it why?? his sauces kick ass..I make my wings with 1 and mkII deathmatch and I love it even just making it with defcon 1 rules...Try this...injecting your steak with defcon 1 before cooking...man tasty

Canuk Pepperhead said:
im on I think my 5th order now from them even though shopping sucks(not the creators fault) I keep doing it why?? his sauces kick ass..I make my wings with 1 and mkII deathmatch and I love it even just making it with defcon 1 rules...Try this...injecting your steak with defcon 1 before cooking...man tasty

Dude that does sound good in the steak. I was thinking of ordering his MKII Deathmatch as well. I noticed that on his sight. Sounds like something I want to buy. However, I'm tight on money the next couple weeks. I'm moving soon and other things is going to make it tight. I'll be ordering some when I get a chance though.

Buddah said:
There is a very good reason why Defcon has won many awards for their wing sauce. You should come enter the Defcon Deathmatch Championship at the Weekend of Fire at Jungle Jim's. You sound like a perfect contestant to sit at the table of virtue.

Where and when is it? Sounds kind of fun to me.:D As long as it's not EXTREMELY far.

rabbit said:
Where and when is it? Sounds kind of fun to me.:D As long as it's not EXTREMELY far.

Details Here: http://www.junglejims.com/departments/jungle_jims_international_hot_sauce_weekendoffire_2008.asp

WOF2008.jpg

rabbit said:
Dang that's definitely in my range for driving, except I have to be at a wedding that weekend. I'm going to have to go next time. Looks fun like a ton of fun though.

That is too bad. In Columbus, OH, CaJohn is having an open house on Monday Aug 3rd just in case you wanted to make that since it is a day after the Weekend of Fire.

Thanks for the good words Rabbit and Buddah, glad you liked it. The DM MKII is MUCH hotter than the #1.

You might want to rethink going to Jungle Jim's this year, wait until you see the Deathmatch trophy!

DEFCON Creator said:
Thanks for the good words Rabbit and Buddah, glad you liked it. The DM MKII is MUCH hotter than the #1.

You might want to rethink going to Jungle Jim's this year, wait until you see the Deathmatch trophy!

As much as I actually really want to go go to Jungle Jim's and YES I would enter the competition. It's not even possible this year. If you have it again next year I'm all for it though;):D Just out of curiosity though. Is it a giant roll of frozen toilet paper?:lol: Also, I'll be ordering that DM MKII when I get a chance.

rabbit said:
Just out of curiosity though. Is it a giant roll of frozen toilet paper?:lol:

Nope, it's a bidet that shoots milk out of it:lol:

And BTW, i pretty much use Defcon 1 for everything....it has become my all-purpose sauce now.

"If you have it again next year I'm all for it though"

Oh yeah, it'll be an annual event at the show.

"Just out of curiosity though. Is it a giant roll of frozen toilet paper?"

More like a Rocket Pop. LOL!

DEFCON Creator said:
"If you have it again next year I'm all for it though"

Oh yeah, it'll be an annual event at the show.

"Just out of curiosity though. Is it a giant roll of frozen toilet paper?"

More like a Rocket Pop. LOL!

Cool, maybe you guys could post it up in advance so people with a short term memory can actually remember?;) I'll be there next year as long as someone doesn't die in the family or some chit. Also, maybe the Rocket Pop should have some liquid nitrogen in the middle. That way you know it cools enough:lol:

JayT;85752][QUOTE=Sickmont said:
Nope, it's a bidet that shoots milk out of it:lol:

Now THAT'S funny. :clap:
I can tell I was half asleep when I read that the first time. Man that went right over my head:shocked:. That is pretty funny too:lol:

Back