• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

"Superhot Beast" from Semillas

Hi All,

I have come across this one from Semillas, but it seems to only come up when viewing seeds with the German language preference ...

Anyway, Google translate of the description doesn't say much more than it's a cross of a couple of superhots, like his JAFSH (which I am growing this year).

Just looking at pictures of it, is anyone willing to have a guess as to what might have been used to create it ? (Perhaps a difficult thing to do given some plants are multiple crosses, but a guess is just a guess).

Regards,

Tim

I was going on the assumption that direct posting to a vendor might not be the best thing to do in this category, and that people would easily be able to search for Semillas .... But, here's the link:

http://www.semillas.de/shop_en/index.html

Should be the main picture. If not, search the XXXHot category at the top of the menu on the left hand side.

Regards,

Tim

rghm1u20 said:
I think you forgot the picture (link).
teejay said:
I was going on the assumption that direct posting to a vendor might not be the best thing to do in this category, and that people would easily be able to search for Semillas .... But, here's the link:

http://www.semillas.de/shop_en/index.html

Should be the main picture. If not, search the XXXHot category at the top of the menu on the left hand side.

Regards,

Tim
I think hyperlinking the thumbnail shouldn't be an issue.

Superhot Beast

I have no idea as to the identity of the parents.

Edit: Changed the link over to the English page.

It's also present on the English pages. For a while Enligsh pages were not updated, but now seems ok.
Try changing to English and search for the beast for an English description however I do not think it provides more info than German description.

teejay said:
I was going on the assumption that direct posting to a vendor might not be the best thing to do in this category, and that people would easily be able to search for Semillas
Sorry, my mistake, I was thinking your intention was to put a picture of the pepper only, not the link...

@any admin, if the link is supposed NOT to be posted, please consider as my mistake, not teejay's.

A guy from another forum said to me that it is very similar to Moruga but less stable, less productive and a bit less hot (still very hot of course), he wasn't too fond of that pepper.

teejay said:
Just looking at pictures of it, is anyone willing to have a guess as to what might have been used to create it ? (Perhaps a difficult thing to do given some plants are multiple crosses, but a guess is just a guess).
A web search yielded a result that referenced a Facebook post:
Semillas La Palma
Dec 18, 2012 ·
Arbeitsname "The Superhot Beast"
Von einem amerikanischen Saatguthändler bekam ich Samen von Trinidad Scorpion Butch T. Daraus haben sich einige richtige Butch T entwickelt und eine Pflanze, die so aussieht wie eine Kreuzung aus Butch T und Moruga. Schöne Schoten und extrem scharf.
Wird weiterentwickelt und ist bestimmt bald der nächste Guiness Weltrekordhalter in Schärfe !!!
The possible influence of the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T did cross my mind when looking at the stingers.

lucilanga said:
It's also present on the English pages. For a while Enligsh pages were not updated, but now seems ok.
Try changing to English and search for the beast for an English description however I do not think it provides more info than German description.
A Google translation of the German listing didn't yield a reference to the seed being harvested from F3 plants.

I just read yesterday on Pete's facebook page that it's indeed a Morouga hybrid, like the Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw if I remember correctly.

Regards,

Tim

Me neither, but from google translate:
Work Name "The Superhot Beast" 
From an American seed dealer I got seeds from Trinidad Scorpion Butch T. From this, some have developed proper Butch T and a plant that looks like a cross between Butch T and Moruga. Beautiful Peppers and extremely sharp. 
Will be further developed and is determined soon the next Guinness World Record holder in sharpness !!!

Original version here if happens that some german speaker read that:
Arbeitsname "The Superhot Beast"
Von einem amerikanischen Saatguthändler bekam ich Samen von Trinidad Scorpion Butch T. Daraus haben sich einige richtige Butch T entwickelt und eine Pflanze, die so aussieht wie eine Kreuzung aus Butch T und Moruga. Schöne Schoten und extrem scharf.
Wird weiterentwickelt und ist bestimmt bald der nächste Guiness Weltrekordhalter in Schärfe !!!

Back