• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aji Amarillo From Pepperlover

http://youtu.be/oftxI2r2yDs
Many peppers are called Aji Amarillo as it simply translates into 'Yellow Pepper' and hence is alternative name, 'Aji Yellow'. These plants can reach 5-6 feet in a single season, with fruits averaging 6-7 inches in length. The fruits start off green maturing to orange, typically 120 days after transplanting. The fruits are quite pungent and are usually dried and powdered for use in many Peruvian and Bolivian dishes. 40,000-50,000 Scoville units places them at the medium/hot pungency end of the heat scale. Llisted as United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) variety PI 152217

www.pepperlover.com

Great review. This has been my favorite tasting pepper this year. Wonder flavor, nice and crunchy texture, and a level of heat that makes it a pleasure to eat.

PepperLover said:
Nice review James.
This pepper is one of the best pepper for eating fresh 

Dang  hiccups :rofl: it was funny  
Thank you. I don't understand the hiccups thing. I loved the pepper but the hiccups get me some times; even on jalapenos. Crazy! 
Geonerd said:
Cool.  I bought these and several other c.baccatum from Judy just last week.
Judy's peppers are the best! You can't go wrong with her products!
cloudhand said:
Great review. This has been my favorite tasting pepper this year. Wonder flavor, nice and crunchy texture, and a level of heat that makes it a pleasure to eat.
Thanks! Glad you like them! All of Judy's peppers are awesome!

in one word YUMMY :drooling:

one of my top favs and i grow it every year!! :onfire:

good review!!

thanks your friend Joe

So they are pronounced "A HEE" instead of "A GEE"?

Cool review by the way. Tried not to laugh but hey, hiccups are funny. Good job working through them though, I would've just lost it myself.

Hawaiianero said:

Cool review by the way. Tried not to laugh but hey, hiccups are funny. Good job working through them though, I would've just lost it myself.
Thanks hiccups do plague me. 
mpicante said:
Good review once again.really nice job and pepper.
Thanks

Hawaiianero said:

actually it is pronounced  "AH HEE"  long sound on the "a"   "AH"  like the first sip of your favorite drink LOL

thanks your friend Joe

Back