• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

whiteflies...I HATE EM!!!!!!!

Any tips out there for controlling these winged bastards in humid and sunny Florida? I'm thinking about trying Encarsia, I've burned the heck out of my babies with neem oil so I need something gentle

I don't know about a humid environment but all it takes me is soapy water, spray em once a day, and I shake the plants sometimes too. Seems to help for me, but I haven't had a major infestation yet, just my two cents

SkrimpSkrampy said:
Any tips out there for controlling these winged bastards in humid and sunny Florida? I'm thinking about trying Encarsia, I've burned the heck out of my babies with neem oil so I need something gentle

Wanna play twenty questions? I've heard of a few people burning with neem lately, and it pokes my curiosity. Brand or concentration, time applied, well watered or dry plants?

Well, being FL they've been a little dry. Changed time of day I apply and watered more, cut back the concentration and they seem to be doing a little better. The bottle says to apply every other week but I'm having to apply every other day

Back