• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Just Another Hot Sauce By Buddy

Really digging on this one.  Wish that I had more Surinam 8 pods (Kevin = this is a hint) so I could make some more.  Not too extreme . . . great flavor ( IMO) and moderate heat.  I really like this one.

40 Surinam 8 pods (the number that I had), 1 1/3 C OJ, 8 TBSP Lime Juice, 4 TBSP Turbinado sugar, 1/2 TSP cumin, 1/2 TSP Coriander, 2 TSP salt, 2 TSP black pepper, 1 1/2 TSP Red Curry Paste, a few big squeezes of spicy brown mustard,  some vinegar (I used a combination of white and cider).  Mix all ingredients, cook for a while to blend flavors.  Pack in jars.

Sorry that I didn't take any in process pictures.

DSC_0977.JPG

Looks awesome!! I would have never thought about using curry paste. Do you put your vinegar in while cooking down everything else or after the cooking is done? I hear pros and cons on both ways.

Interesting one there. With mustard and curry paste it sounds very potent and combative. Not sure I'd dig this one.

Hawaiianero said:
Looks awesome!! I would have never thought about using curry paste. Do you put your vinegar in while cooking down everything else or after the cooking is done? I hear pros and cons on both ways.
I cook the vinegar down.
romy6 said:
 Terry if you like it I know it is damn good . Love the color !!!!
Thanks!  God knows that I've made some losers in my day.

buddy said:
I cook the vinegar down.

Thanks!  God knows that I've made some losers in my day.

I have too!  We all have made some losers - that's usually how you learn :)

wayright said:
Looks and sounds beautiful T 

Surinam 8 is my favorite sauce pepper!

:cool:
Kevin

Great - now I have to track down another pepper for next years grow!

Your recipe look really good but I can't wait till you do the same cook with some fermented peppers the difference will change the way you look at sauce making.  You obviously have a knack for sauce making with the wonderful Jerk marinade and love the taste of fine food, just wait till you get your paws on some of the ferments you just started.  It will blow your mind how delicious your hot sauces are about to become, the shelf life is just an added bonus.  

Back