• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense OMFG!!! Yellow Moruga Scorpion Cross from Mr Hill - extreme heat warning!

A truly wonderful pepper sent to me by Mr Hill. 

The seeds came from a Yellow Moruga Scorpion pod, so it obviously crossed with something red. The clear answer is a Bhut or Naga type, given the shape. Most likely a Naga.

The initial aromas were sweet and fruity, with that particular aroma only Bhuts and Nagas have. There is no doubt in my mind the cross was with a Bhut or Naga. The pepper had a very fresh aroma and was extremely appealing. 

The initial flavour was quite sweet and fruity, but that lead to a bitterness and soapyness that wasn`t all that pleasant. There were elements of wet wool, leather and tobacco, but oh my god, the heat!!!

The heat levels in this pepper are, quite frankly, insane. This is the hottest red pod I`ve ever eaten, and I`ve eaten a few hot ones. It would rank in my top 5 peppers ever, including anything Chocolate. The endorphin, and probably adrenaline, rush was extreme to say the least. At one point my flight response really kicked in and I just wanted to run around like a headless chicken, as if that would make a difference! This is undoubtedly the hottest red pod I`ve ever eaten, bar none. 

This pod was so hot I really cannot explain how much it hurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8x5y6H8zgM&feature=youtu.be

Hey Nigel,

We've seen your choc BG7 aftermath video, so can you try that one again and include the "headless chicken" this time around  :D 

Good stuff, and I dare say your tears would have more capsaicin than the average orange habanero !!

With your ability to continue to describe taste when the rest of us are simply crying or cramping already, we should all get you to start reviewing whisky as well ....

Regards,

Tim

So this even trumps the chocolate Brain Strain that nearly destroyed you?..yikes! How would you rate it compared to that? 2 times as potent, 1.5...?

Have you ever felt like or actually passed out from such a super-abundance of an endorphin rush?...I've had them cause the room to spin/get slight vertigo a few times when I really pushed my limits. I read in an interview online with Ed Currie that he has seen at least 3 people flat pass out/drop to the floor in front of him all from the intensity of rush that they could not handle! They were all standing up however- perhaps a good reason to be seated I might suppose.

Lady Pepper always has a way of waking us back up/causing us to re-respect her with instances like this. I've been there..*thinking* 'your a pretty little pepper, I can handle you'..then it (reality!) happens and smacks us upside-the-head! 

Cheers! :cheers:

Wow, that one really kicked your butt. Great job at hanging in there.  I wonder if all the pods on Mr. Hills plant looked just like that or was there some variations. Either way nice looking pod.

Thank you Nigel, When I tried it I thought it was 2ed hottest pod I tried just behind the Black Naga.  I'm so glad you reviewed it for me and I really think it's a Naga cross.  I have two pods I taped ripe now and a few more that are green I taped. The plant was by far the best producing plant I have this year.  I think I will try to over winter her. I will try to stabilize the cross, but not sure if I can improve tastes as I can't taste very well. LOL

Thank's everyone.

SL3 There is a little differences in the pods, but not much some fatter some longer,  Will be a Lot of pheno's showing  up the the F2's.   

Kudos to you my friend ! your reaction to the action was scary ! never seen you have the reaction in any of your reviews as you had in this one . really thought that was pretty cool when you said the birds would start laughing at you ,then they started cackling up a storm .  Great Job !

Nigel said:
I don`t believe in 10/10 as a concept, LOL. I think I gave the Chocolate Brain Strain 9/10 and that is still the hottest thing I`ve eaten. 
I really wonder when Genetically a pepper can't get hotter and I'm sure what Nutes and how the plants are grown will help.

I also have to say Thank you to Judy from Pepperlover. she should get credit for the pepper as the seeds came from a Pod she sent me!!   With out Good Genetics it wouldn't be so hot. 

Hi Nigel,  I must say that you have my utmost respect in reviewing a very hot pepper, I highly doubt that I could ever come that close to being able to describe just what all was going on while the pepper pod was burning from the inside out. 
I do know for sure that I would be on the floor curled up in a fetal position wishing that I had been able to grab a glass of milk before collapsing.  I'm sure you were very glad when it had done its worse and was cooling down some.  It did look like you were in a lot of misery, not something I would want to go through.
I tip my hat to you sir. 

Mr. Hill said:
I also have to say Thank you to Judy from Pepperlover. she should get credit for the pepper as the seeds came from a Pod she sent me!!   With out Good Genetics it wouldn't be so hot. 
That makes total sense. I got some Red Nagas from her that upstaged the Reapers she sent in heat and taste. That thing was crazy hot. And I only had a little piece. 

I harvested the first IS pods today, These two pods I had a Tea Bag over in flower :)  I have some more I hope will start turning colors soon that I taped.  The F2's should be interesting!!   

LG4kxL0.jpg

Nigel said:
I don`t believe in 10/10 as a concept, LOL. I think I gave the Chocolate Brain Strain 9/10 and that is still the hottest thing I`ve eaten. 

I just noticed the chocolate brain strain was actually rated 10/10! ;)

On my scale an Orange Habanero is 2/10. This pod rates at 10/10. I just cannot imagine a hotter pod exists.

Back