• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

fermenting Dual Ferments...

I used the rest of my Scotch Bonnets on the first photo below.  Keeping my fingers crossed...

Scotch Bonnets
14oz can peaches,  (in water)
cho cho (chayote squash)
ginger
onion
yam
allspice berries
Culturelle lacto

A mixed bag of peppers for this one. 

Reapers, bhuts, habs, jigsaws, sb7js, yellow 7-pots, jalapenos.
onion
carrots
11oz can mandarin oranges
Culturelle lacto

F*CK!  mandarin oranges! wish i thought of that....

those and reapers.... nice job!

Is that a plop of yogurt on top or just whey? If its just the whey, how much yogurt did that come from? (or if I am crazy its fine to point that out)

good luck Brutha!

The top layer is the chopped oranges. That white mass on top of the oranges is just a glare. I thought it might be some of the onion, but no, just a weird glare in the glass.

The starter was the Culturelle lacto-last ingredient.  Broke open a single capsule for each jar.

I popped the tops off each and snapped a couple of photos.  There are just a few pieces of onion, but the photos above are distorted, and make it look like a lot more onion on top than there really is.

Crap, looking at these photos again, I wonder if I have enough liquid in the jars.  It seemed to cover the mash when I first added it, but now it looks like it has been absorbed by the mash.  I just don't know...

url=http://s870.photobucket.com/user/roguejim/media/Cooking%20It%20Hot/IMG_20141207_183141_821_zps8db12107.jpg.html]
IMG_20141207_183141_821_zps8db12107.jpg
[/URL]

Jars look awefully FULL Roguejim.

Use catch-trays 'cause she's probably gonna SPEW! :sick:

Other than that, they look delicious!

Looking really good there Rogue, but you need to close them babies up and keep them that way. You need to let them build up that protective CO2 layer so that your not getting any bad bacteria in there. 

+1 to catch trays cause yeah, they're full. 

RocketMan said:
Looking really good there Rogue, but you need to close them babies up and keep them that way. You need to let them build up that protective CO2 layer so that your not getting any bad bacteria in there. 

+1 to catch trays cause yeah, they're full.
Thanks, I only reopened once about an hour after jarring them up. No more opening, and yes, they are on pie pans.

Back