• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

wicked appetizer

try this...

hungarian hot peppers roasted on the bbq...chopped and mixed with balsamic vinegar, ev olive oil salt and pepper....this is your dip...now grill up some fresh pita and season it with olive oil, chili powder, and grilling spices...cut it into wedges and serve warm. You'll be amazed how addictive it is!

Sometimes when the peppers aren't too hot i'll grill up some green jalepino and add to the bowl.

it's not death nightmare hot...but very tasty!

Slop a little barbecued, hurricane mash marinated chicken breast and a bit of Peppermaster Jerk Curry mayonnaise into the mix and roll it into the pita and you've got the best pitawich you ever ate.

There is no better place to put a pepper than on the cue.

Tina Brooks said:
Slop a little barbecued, hurricane mash marinated chicken breast and a bit of Peppermaster Jerk Curry mayonnaise into the mix and roll it into the pita and you've got the best pitawich you ever ate.

There is no better place to put a pepper than on the cue.

OR...dice up that marinated chicken and throw it on top of the peppers & pita...jerk sauce on top of that and some grated Jalepeno farmers cheese...back on the Q to melt the cheese...hellfire pizza!

Hephaestos said:
try this...

hungarian hot peppers roasted on the bbq...chopped and mixed with balsamic vinegar, ev olive oil salt and pepper....this is your dip...now grill up some fresh pita and season it with olive oil, chili powder, and grilling spices...cut it into wedges and serve warm. You'll be amazed how addictive it is!!

Sounds good. I think I'll try it with poblanos.

Hephaestos said:
try this...

hungarian hot peppers roasted on the bbq...chopped and mixed with balsamic vinegar, ev olive oil salt and pepper....this is your dip...now grill up some fresh pita and season it with olive oil, chili powder, and grilling spices...cut it into wedges and serve warm. You'll be amazed how addictive it is!

Sometimes when the peppers aren't too hot i'll grill up some green jalepino and add to the bowl.

it's not death nightmare hot...but very tasty!
Would that be equal parts vinegar and olive oil,salt and pepper to taste?

I made this last night with 3 poblanos and 2 jalapenos...roasted over wood fire on the Weber.

I added some roasted garlic and onion. Salt, pepper and balsamic in blender. Add olive oil as it spun to emulsify.

Holy sh**! he wasn't kidding about this stuff being addictive! I did the pita bread thing but this is great to dip anything in. One of the best dips I've ever had; I want to make this for my next party.

TIP: When you bring the roasted and chared peppers off the grill cover them with a plastic bag or in a contiaer. The steam will make the skin very easy to remove.

Back