• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Disease/deficiency ID?

Can any one tell me what is wrong here? Having some random leaves show up with this - more on some plants than others. The rest of the plant(s) look pretty good.

old growth im guessing? its not uncommon for old growth to look like that prior to just falling off the plants.

whats the new growth looking like.

Other visual info might help -- the underside of that leaf, the plants that are afflicted.

Recent history and evnironment -- are they in a greenhouse? On a windowsill? Recently repotted?

This could be multiple nutrient deficiencies brought on by a sudden pH shift, requiring immediate attention... or merely ordinary leaf senescence. More info is needed.

Thanks for the replies. The plants are grown in Rockwool cubes and top fed with a nutrient solution every other day (EC 1.8-2.3, pH 5.8-6.5). They are under a 315W ceramic metal halide that provides plenty of light (not too much, not too little). As I mentioned previously, these are just random leaves on otherwise healthy looking plants. This particular one came from a Moruga Scorpion that started as a cutting from last summer's garden. Two other plants have similar issues - Big Jim (from cutting) and Tabasco (from seed) - these seem to be the worst with me picking a leaf or two off every other day. It is not catastrophic at this point; I just want to make it doesn't become that way.

Back