• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

New BBQ.

There's nothing more gratifying (apart from anything chilli related) than a new BBQ. 

Just cooked up some steaks and sanga's, complimented with my pineapple and strawberry chilli sauce (Batch 7) and a couple of fresh Thai chillies. 

20150101_165355.jpg

20150101_170632.jpg

20150101_172420.jpg

Washed down with Jameson & Coke. 

Happy new year!!!!

SR.

Plenty of trees here mate, we're just not that big on using them as a fuel source for our Barbeque.

We usually use wood and briquettes for our spit roasting though.

SR.

The griddle side caught my eye too. I'd like one like this for grilled meals with sauteed veg, etc. Going to be looking for something similar soon. 

The griddle side caught my eye too. I'd like one like this for grilled meals with sauteed veg, etc. Going to be looking for something similar soon. 

Pics or it didn't happen ... lol.

20150103_092535.jpg

Here it is in all its glory. The flat top is great for things like onions, slices of potatoes and burgers to name a few. The hood is designed to easily allow the use of a rotisserie which is something that I'm yet to try.  These BBQ's are very well made and should hold up to the test of time.

Will most likely be cooking up some burgers for dinner tonight so stay tuned........

SR.

Shorerider said:
Tonight's dinner, homemade burgers (courtesy of my wife) seasoned chicken - BBQ seasoning and ground coriander and olive oil- grilled onion and bacon.

Plated up.
20150103_180000.jpg

Washed down with Magners pear cider. Oh yeah.......

SR.

Is it common in Australia to eat the burgers in a bun like that?  Looks similar to our hot dogs, and delicious indeed!

No, not at all. My wife let me down in the bun department unfortunately. We had both styles of buns, hot dog and burger. Being the cook, I was last to eat and used what was left. 

It did however enable me to use two burger patties side by side.  :dance:

SR.

Back