• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

How can I build up my tolerance towards spicy foods?

I need a way to build up my tolerance to spicy foods as fast as possible. I was wondering if it would be better just to take it slow, and give myself a gradual buildup in heat, or to go straight in and get used to all my food being totally spiced up...?

All responses appreciated,
-Chipotle  :hotsauce:
(PS; my tolerance is okay at the moment, I can handle most stuff up to 750,000 scoville without any major problems  :onfire: )

Your fine then. Just go with hotter and hotter. keep eating and eat a lot. 

The more you do anything the more norm it becomes,right?

I just went for the super hots first, it might not feel great. Although I got used to them really fast. ( Would not recommend this much might hurt yourself. )

There is many ways of going about it. You can jump right into the super hots or you can work your way up gradually, which is best in my opinion. I would start with Jalapenos, then move to serranos then Habanero, then Bhut Jolokia or any in the same heat range. Then get a steady pace of building up. Take a look at a scoville scale, that would help you to see which ones to go for next. You'll find what is right for you because everyone is different...

TPT

Yeah, I think I'll stick with some jalapenos at the start, then go to Scotch Bonnets, and then superhots. Also will make sure to splash a bit of hot sauce on any meal where I can.  :confused:  :onfire:

ChipotleCrusader said:
I need a way to build up my tolerance to spicy foods as fast as possible. I was wondering if it would be better just to take it slow, and give myself a gradual buildup in heat, or to go straight in and get used to all my food being totally spiced up...?

All responses appreciated,
-Chipotle  :hotsauce:
(PS; my tolerance is okay at the moment, I can handle most stuff up to 750,000 scoville without any major problems  :onfire: )
As fast as possible? Sounds like you got yourself in a pickle somehow. :mope:
Speaking of which....pickled peppers are a great way to build up heat tolerance. Or even drop some fresh cut superhots into a jar of pickles and soak them for at least a day. By the time you finish the pickles you can try the peppers. :dance:

Back