• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fetal position..

So after getting seeds in the mail from orekoc (big thanks!) I looked up reviews from Matt and Nigel on the different types. Then I got brave. Pulled a couple of my smaller late season pods out and went forth. First was a small ghost scorpion that was half red half yellow.
20150117_195833_zps84fcc11d.jpg
[/img]

It was great. The heat was there, but not as bad as I remember, so then I said why not? While I still had some mouth burn, popped in half of a small red moruga.

20150117_203222_zps07837690.jpg
[/img]

I immediately regretted my decision. I underestimated it. I tried to work through it, but the burn took over my tongue then moved to my stomach. Rinsed with milk then drank some, then curled up sweaty on the floor while my wife shook her head and the basset hound whispered at me.

That moruga is no joke. Small, big, picture perfect or not, it packs more heat than the cartel. I'm literally in the fetal position as I type this. I ate it 20 minutes ago.

SmokenFire said:
MISTER BIG STUFF!!  (WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?)
You made me go find the lyrics!

JEAN KNIGHT
"Mr. Big Stuff"

(Oh yeah, ooh)
Mr. Big Stuff
Who do you think you are
Mr. Big Stuff
You're never gonna get my love
Now because you wear all those fancy clothes (oh yeah)
And have a big fine car, oh yes you do now
Do you think I can afford to give you my love (oh yeah)
You think you're higher than every star above
Mr. Big Stuff
Who do you think you are
Mr. Big Stuff
Now I know all the girls I've seen you with
I know you broke their hearts one after another now, bit by bit
You made 'em cry, many poor girls cry
When they try to keep you happy, they just try to keep you satisfied
Mr. Big Stuff, tell me tell me
Who do you think you are
Mr. Big Stuff
I'd rather give my love to a poor guy that has a love that's true (oh yeah)
Than to be fooled around and get hurt by you
Cause when I give my love, I want love in return (oh yeah)
Now I know this is a lesson Mr. Big Stuff you haven't learned
Mr. Big Stuff, tell me
Who do you think you are
Mr. Big Stuff
Mr. Big Stuff
You're never gonna break my heart
Mr. Big Stuff
You're never gonna make me cry
Mr. Big Stuff, tell me
Just who do you think you are
Mr. Big Stuff
Mr. Big Stuff

I know the feeling.  Tried it myself this past summer, my first year growing, with a first dwarf runt pod the size of a nickel.  Everyone at the cottage just laughed while I ran back and forth for a bit.  Also, beer is NOT a good thing to cool it down.  It just took the pain a bit further south so I had a full upper body burn.

THIS is why I don't eat them plain... that and i'm lactose intolerant I'd try a nibble but no way in hell I pop a whole pepper into my mouth. 

Just saw that I said that the basset whispered at me. Didn't realize I was hallucinating from heat lol. I meant whimpered.

Yeah the ghost scorpion I think I could actually do a review for. The moruga would simply consist of me sweating, holding my stomach, and cussing in between big gasps of air and slobber. I'll get there one day

LUCKYDOG said:
Bet it didnt hurt as much as the exit wound it left :fireball:
The afterburn wasn't as bad as I expected it to be actually

juanitos said:
next up try a reaper
I'm actually gonna be growing some reapers this year if I can get my indoor station set up, I'll definitely be sharing the story of my first encounter when it happens

juanitos said:
next up try a reaper

I've had many a Reaper, and many a TSMB. To be perfectly honest, it's a toss up in heat for me. I couldn't say one was consistently and noticeably hotter than the other. Although I definitely prefer the flavor of the Reaper.

Back