• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Poll: Help Pick 2 seeds to start (Closed BG7 and Aji Pineapple wins!)

Pick the 2 you personally like.

• Total voters
Leaving the last two options for this germination round open to the public. LMK what you guys would pop. Can Pick 2 of the options. 
This is what I have already going in the grow

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion 
Fatalii
Bonda Ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
7 Pot Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce 
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab.
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut
Urfa Beiber
Inca Berry
Carribean red Hab

I grew aji pineapple last year. Tasted similar to my Limon imo. Is a good pepper either way. For a SASE you can have some I saved a bunch of seeds. 

twilliams386 said:
Pm coming your way!

Oh forewarning if any of the aji limon or pineapple are goofy looking it's because I tried crossing a few pods with 7pot yellow. I marked the stems but the paint I used wore off so I couldn't tell any more. Lesson learned. 

Here's a picture of the mystery ?Hababhut?. Plant didn't have the same structure as others and obviously the pod is totally different than the other habs. Now that I think about it could have been with the orange habs but either way it was the mutant in the bunch. I really liked the heat and taste so saved the seeds from this pod. Had some light warts on it that aren't overly visible in the pic
Also was about 1.5 times length of the habs on the other plants.

Could yall tell me about the goat weed a little, what makes it earn your vote? Taste good I assume?

Pole Closing in 2 hours. 10pm Central. Also starting some Pineapple ground cherry tomatoes but they aren't getting a tea soak like the others. 

D3monic said:
Could yall tell me about the goat weed a little, what makes it earn your vote? Taste good I assume?

IMO there isn't a better drying pepper for daily use. Its very prolific with the Mexicans around my area who, call it "Diablo" and laugh at me when I tell them its called Goatsweed. Its screaming hot for a annuum and taste is some what serrano like but much drier. And the plants are quite beautiful, all fuzzy with green, black, and red upright pods all at the same time. Now mind you we are talking about a very thin walled seedy pepper, which might be a turn off to some people. But for me its worth it, I can't imagine a season without it. I want to try and make crosses with it, more than any other pepper.

edit: also easy to grow, very forgiving with temperature extremes. And easy to overwinter.

hogleg said:

IMO there isn't a better drying pepper for daily use. Its very prolific with the Mexicans around my area who, call it "Diablo" and laugh at me when I tell them its called Goatsweed. Its screaming hot for a annuum and taste is some what serrano like but much drier. And the plants are quite beautiful, all fuzzy with green, black, and red upright pods all at the same time. Now mind you we are talking about a very thin walled seedy pepper, which might be a turn off to some people. But for me its worth it, I can't imagine a season without it. I want to try and make crosses with it, more than any other pepper.

edit: also easy to grow, very forgiving with temperature extremes. And easy to overwinter.

Thanks for the input. Maybe I will put this in a pot out front with my old mans Royal Black or in a hanging basket. 

I def went with the Goats Weed too.  I totally agree with hogleg.  Grew em 2 years in a row.  I still have tons of dried pods left so I won't be growing it again this season only for that reason.  Will be back on the list again for 2016 for sure.  2nd choice was for BB7 just cause they look so damn cool.

It's 10pm and Poll is closed. BG7 took a last min lead from its tie with Chocolate handgrenade. 

That makes it Aji pineapple @ 13 votes and BG7 @11 Votes.

Thanks everyone for your input!... now if I could only figure out how close the poll short of deleting it.

Back