• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

7 Pot Jonah Puree by Texas Creek

Received as a gift with an order of other products, I want to say oh my god this was hot.  But not just hot, it was true to the pepper.  Like most of the 7 pot, this one is fairly rare.  But this puree was true to the pepper, not watered down with other ingredients.  Although I grow the pepper, I was not expecting its heat.  So many producers water down their puree by adding other materials.  Although this did have the distinct flavor of vinegar, even that was much lower than what I expected.

Lets face it, 7 Pot Joah is still a 7pot.  Althought it has unique flavor, one does  not expect it to come threw in a vinigar enfused pureee.  It did come threw in this puree.  I gotta say, Texas Creek rockes in the puree department and does not skmp on the pepper content.

On a personal note: Much pain in my leg right now.  Sampling this product made me completely forget the leg apain and focus on the mouth pain.   Thank you Salsa Lady.

Seriously guys, never sure of my future but if I am going out let it be with products like this in my mouth.

I destroyed myself from lips to cheeks - yes, those cheeks - w/ that puree all through the beginning of the week ...

And then I did it again ...

And one more time, too, just for the sake of thoroughness ...

Grant, knowing how hot the 7 pots are, one would think we would be smarter and use the stuff more sparingly.  Did you say "Hey honey, hold my bier" before you bit in cause I feel like I had one of those moments.

I have the PE in my Amazon Save-For-Later, it's happening one of these days ...

I've only used 10% of a bottle of Lethal Ingestion in the past 2-3 years, but I'll probably still buy some PE just to support the state of the art ...

Hogleg, loved the Ghost Fire hot sauce too.  But going to be the odd man out in saying that of the few things I have had by Texas Creek, the one that really stands out is the Worcestershire.  Most of the good ones are made with anchovies.  I am a vegetarian, so I usually buy the cheap store brands which dont have anchovies.  Those are all very weak.  The one by Texas Creek is a very strong flavor, not watered down at all.

Hard to really praise it the way I would praise Ghost Fire because Worcestershire is a classic flavor.  It is like saying someone painted a very nice Mona Lisa.  So have not reviewed yet because have not the words... well not yet.  Thinking the Mona Lisa thing is a good start. 

Sounds like SL is going to have to be making that complex Worcestershire again before she'd like ...

I suspect we'll run out of L&P tonight, and be into our bottle sometime this week ...

Excited for Danielle, it's her favorite!

Thanks for the kind words.  It's appreciated.  And I appreciate anyone who takes the time and consideration to do a proper review of any of our products.  

GM, I already have the ingredients for the next batch of Wrchstr. :)  Hope D~ likes it.

Ya know, Pex uses Worcestershire sauce with anchovies in one of his sauces.  Not sure how many vegetarians order hot sauces but would be real cool if you guys hooked up.

I love this place. Exactly what I came here looking for - a 7 pot puree. I got chicken wings to make soon. :)

Back