• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Grape on steroids

Shorerider

Staff Member
Extreme Member
Found this rather large, possibly conjoined, Red globe grape in a bunch today, thought I'd share.

20150301_194748.jpg

Size comparison. 
20150301_194551.jpg

SR.

The large calyx had initially led me to suspect it was an annuum, but i'd guess there's (a LOT) more than one flower per node.

Hmmmm.... interesting hybrid, puzzling at first glance, but the large pod size, longitudinal furrows and rounded ridges are a dead giveaway. It's clearly a "grumpkin".

moruga welder said:
what the hell are you feeding those crops over there my friend ?  lol how you been ?   

This was certainly a first for me, I saw it there in the pile and knew it had to end up on THP. My first thoughts were tomato too.

Been good mate, busy at work at the moment. I finally gave those Rocoto plants a trim as all the plants under them had gone all leggy due to lack of light. Hoping for little to no frost so they all OW well.

SR.

Crop is going well, I've got heaps of pods waiting to ripen. Most likely due to the cooler than normal summer we had, and my delay in getting plants in the ground. 

How's things up your way, are your seedlings still flourishing? 

SR.

Back