• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Mise en Place, downtown Tampa

mise en place was one of the first things we learned in culinary school, and an out of sorts kitchen now drives me banana sammich :)

reviews on his place are really good.  ambitious menu, good prices.  I like how everything ends in .28 - that number must have some significance for him.  

For me it's Frank's out back in pawleys island SC chef Danny is a master of sea food was voted top chef in the Carolinas his grouper francaise is mind blowing!! Lives on my street always bringing me test plates of course I keep him in hot goodies hehehe!!

Scuba_Steve said:
Ill be in Tampa at the end of this month.  I will have to give this a try!
Dude, you will NOT be disappointed. This guy does his own charcuterie, makes hot sauces that are as good as Rocketman's or Smokenfire's (yeah, they're that good), works with exotic animal proteins and cutting-edge techniques...for a guy to turn out food that amazing, at that price, and be so humble is just mindblowing.

Make sure you order the foie gras. I had never had it before and wasn't expecting it to be anything near as mindblowing as it was. If I'm ever diagnosed with a terminal disease, my first move is to drive to Tampa and order ten of these.

Back