• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Carolina Reaper

Hi Guys
This is my first time growing super hots and I was wondering does the reaper grow slower because mine are half the size of the other peppers that germinated the same time.

Reactions: Tex
Van said:
Hi Guys
This is my first time growing super hots and I was wondering does the reaper grow slower because mine are half the size of the other peppers that germinated the same time.

As with anything, yes it can grow slower. Some plants focus on their roots first then switch over to tops.

My Reaper seedlings are the second smallest seedlings in my tray. Only the CGN24360s are smaller. Even from the time they first hooked, the Reapers were noticeably smaller than everything but those CGNs. I haven't grown Reapers before, but I got the seed from Puckerbutt, so they should be the real deal. So if your seedlings are small, and mine are too, then I would assume that is just how they are. Hopefully someone who has actually grown them before will comment on this thread. But for now, I can just say that I'm seeing the same thing with my Reaper seedlings...  

BlackFatalii said:
My Reaper seedlings are the second smallest seedlings in my tray. Only the CGN24360s are smaller. Even from the time they first hooked, the Reapers were noticeably smaller than everything but those CGNs. I haven't grown Reapers before, but I got the seed from Puckerbutt, so they should be the real deal. So if your seedlings are small, and mine are too, then I would assume that is just how they are. Hopefully someone who has actually grown them before will comment on this thread. But for now, I can just say that I'm seeing the same thing with my Reaper seedlings...  
Thank you that helps seems like we are in the same boat.......so let the wait begin

I saved seeds from two of the meanest looking pods I had from last year. I kept them separate, they all germanated at the same time but all the seeds from "pod #1" (left) are growing smaller and slower than "pod #2" and all my other varieties.

it will be interesting to see how they mature.

My reapers are at the back of the pack as well, same as last year. Just be patient and they will catch up.

Back