• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Question about some leaf spots

IMG_4716.JPG

IMG_4715.JPG

IMG_4720.JPG

I have about 40 seedlings started so far and this is my first time growing from seeds.  This seedling is about 6 weeks old and they are under T5 lights.  I have some purple color on the leaves which is from the lights, but should I be concerned with those spots at the edges on the leaves?  I am seeing this on only a few plants so far.

tctenten said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_4716.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_4715.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_4720.JPG

I have about 40 seedlings started so far and this is my first time growing from seeds.  This seedling is about 6 weeks old and they are under T5 lights.  I have some purple color on the leaves which is from the lights, but should I be concerned with those spots at the edges on the leaves?  I am seeing this on only a few plants so far.

I got quite a bit of this going on as well. 

I get that on all my plants but usually but usually at peak production or shortly after.  Mainly beans, tomatoes, peppers, cucs and melons.  This year I plan on foliar feeding with MKP(Monopotassium Phosphate).  On my aquaponics forum the MKP is the new cure since it usually suffers from lack of K.  It is also great to reduce powdery mildew on the curcubits.   I'm new at peppers and would wait for someone with more experience this early on.

So does everyone agree that is most likely a potassium issue? I got lots of this on my older seedlings, just want to double check before I start to adjust my ferts. 

D3monic said:
So does everyone agree that is most likely a potassium issue? I got lots of this on my older seedlings, just want to double check before I start to adjust my ferts.
I had hoped a few others chimed in, but I do have some Espoma Potash so I will give it a go this weekend.

I need to pick some up, all  I have on hand are hydro nutes. Last night I just added extra the one that had potassium in it. 

Here's a pick of a couple of mine, I also seen some yellowing on new leaves that seems to come from outside edges of leaves... seems to correlate with potassium def. They seem to be going downhill fast

D3monic said:
I need to pick some up, all  I have on hand are hydro nutes. Last night I just added extra the one that had potassium in it. 
Here's a pick of a couple of mine, I also seen some yellowing on new leaves that seems to come from outside edges of leaves... seems to correlate with potassium def. They seem to be going downhill fast

Yours looks to be different from the OP's as effecting new growth. Could be sulphur? Maybe try some ammonium sulphate or even flowers of sulphur if the PH is a bit high
edit; what kind of soil are those in? almost looks like starter mix. I think the top plant could do with some water to.

Back