• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

HP56 Death Strain

Is anyone else experiencing Carolina Reaper flash backs?  From what I can tell of this, a third party that runs a pepper forum sent some sort of press release to PR Web about the Death Strain pepper about to displace the Carolina Reaper at Guinness World Records.  When I see articles that met with or discussed the topic with Ed Currie, I've usually read that it is not yet a stable strain so more growing out will be needed before it is submitted to Guinness.

But one thing is for sure, the first and most reputable source will be the Puckerbutt Pepper Company because they are the ones creating the thing.

Errrmmyyghhh..

I have a gift, God thank you for my gift... Be proud, but come on..

Don't get too cosy with that HP56 .. Something's coming for ya

Show me the Scoville tests digital readout.. That's what I want to see

KrakenPeppers said:
Errrmmyyghhh..

I have a gift, God thank you for my gift... Be proud, but come on..

Don't get too cosy with that HP56 .. Something's coming for ya

Show me the Scoville tests digital readout.. That's what I want to see
 Ya I was a bit annoyed by that "Gift" statement as well

With complete and utter sincerity, I want to be a better person.  However, I admit that when folk say things I am ashamed to think I do kind of think, oh thank God I am not alone.  Still being honest, I am happy with my station.  I love growing stuff, most any stuff that wont wind me up in prison.  So I am thankful Ed Currie gives me more stuff to grow.  Thing is, so do so many other people.  Even people that do not know they are giving me something new.  So I admit that deep down it does bug me that some folk are so damned good at marketing and some folk are not.  It should not, but it does.

ajdrew said:
Is anyone else experiencing Carolina Reaper flash backs?  From what I can tell of this, a third party that runs a pepper forum sent some sort of press release to PR Web about the Death Strain pepper about to displace the Carolina Reaper at Guinness World Records.  When I see articles that met with or discussed the topic with Ed Currie, I've usually read that it is not yet a stable strain so more growing out will be needed before it is submitted to Guinness.
But one thing is for sure, the first and most reputable source will be the Puckerbutt Pepper Company because they are the ones creating the thing.
I agree still a few years before it is stable and Puckerbutt Pepper Company will be my destination for true seeds. Thanks for the info.

bucdout57 said:
I agree still a few years before it is stable and Puckerbutt Pepper Company will be my destination for true seeds. Thanks for the info.
So you don't want to purchase Death Strain from Ebay?  Good choice. 

Lol... I will indoubtadly get some too, and as much as I cross examine and pay out some of the things he says and does.. I still respect his drive and products..

Back