•  

Photo

Lets see your meanest, most gnarly pods!!!

• Please log in to reply
944 replies to this topic

#881 Bicycle808

Bicycle808

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • aka:Streetwise with a "Z"

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:38 PM

aaed0fc825edcef433ef6cf7467bf4bf.jpg
18e070052b9812058986fa425a86d9d9.jpg
Peach ? X Carolina reaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the Red Brainstrain plants I grew from your seeds is producing pods like that. Same color, same texture, very similar shapes...

You are entering the buttocks with the spicy hand of Chinese pepper? And pleasure from this low pepper? I am not sure but the scorpion pepper musk when raw, is the sexual experience. This is granted, and evident in the taste, and the woman jealous. 

#882 Noah Yates

Noah Yates

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:48 AM

Woooot!!!  Awesome pods guys!  I am becoming truly horrified by the sight of these malevolent monsters.  Thank you all for sharing with us :-)      I look forward to hopefully posting some gnarly pods later this season.  This spring I had issues with my germination media, and as a result my plants are behind.  By October I should have something to show.  Keep the evil peppers flowing my friends!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :hot:   :hell:

#883 MakeIt20

MakeIt20

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:23 PM

Both, actually.  :)  The X at the end of the name like that typically means that it believed to be a cross, but the identity of the baby daddy is unknown.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you for clearing that up!

#884 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,233 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:19 AM

Brainstrain x Bhut pheno #3

20190720_104738.jpg

Lord Voldermort F2 from Lucky Luke

20190716_131133.jpg

#885 LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:48 AM

Looks like Lord V. lost his tails :(

#886 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,233 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:24 PM

I couldn't remember what the ones you posted looked like. I had more plants, but I really failed on planting out this year, so that's the only pheno I have to work with

#887 Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,260 posts
  • aka:G.I.P.
  • (x5)

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:23 PM

so far this year, the Gnarliest pods i got are unripe yellow brainstrain 

idjk9to.jpg

LbFcVc0.jpg

:onfire:  

#888 Marruk

Marruk

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 08:38 AM

7 pot cinder f3. This photo was taken at the beginning of the month. It's almost completely ripe. I'll try to remember to upload a picture when I get home this afternoon. Last I looked at it, it looked to be staying true to the desired caramel pheno.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190708_170950.jpg

#889 sjunbboi

sjunbboi

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:26 PM

Woooot!!!  Awesome pods guys!  I am becoming truly horrified by the sight of these malevolent monsters.  Thank you all for sharing with us :-)      I look forward to hopefully posting some gnarly pods later this season.  This spring I had issues with my germination media, and as a result my plants are behind.  By October I should have something to show.  Keep the evil peppers flowing my friends!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :hot:   :hell:

i too had germination issues and a late start. Got mine sprouted late june/1st of July. They're about 2-2.5 inches currently lol. How are yours? I'm unsure what to expect 

#890 Marruk

Marruk

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:06 PM

Took an updated picture of that 7 Pot Cinder, plus one of my Death Spirals.  Those two varieties are by far the most gnarly I have growing.

20190726 Death Spiral.jpg

20190726 7 Pot Cinder.jpg

Edit: Apologies, but I can't figure out how to rotate these.  They appear with normal orientation on my computer and phone, but rotate 90 degrees when uploaded)

Edited by Marruk, 26 July 2019 - 06:07 PM.

#891 Ashen

Ashen

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 07:25 PM

Nothing too gnarly, just some of the earliest reapers I have ever had . I was convinced I wouldn't see ripe pods until September the way our spring weather went.image000000~2.jpg
A wise man never  argues with a skunk, a mule, or a cook.

#892 Doelman

Doelman

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:12 PM

IMG_1077.JPG

#893 Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,260 posts
  • aka:G.I.P.
  • (x5)

Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:56 AM

oVIEoSE.jpgYellow Brainstrain showing true to color and form  :party:  almost fully ripe, gonna let it go another day or two 

:onfire:  

#894 Mitzi

Mitzi

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:19 AM

I have gnarly pod envy.

#895 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:29 AM

I have gnarly pod envy.

Truth be told....envy is one of the few reasons i grew so many supers this year. Pops wanted them mainly because he never seen them before. I had planned on stopping at JPGS, Brown Bhuts and Naglah Brown but pops wanted to "Fear the Reapa" too. :D Most seedlings are in 6 packs so might as well try several kinds right? Sure didnt need 6 Reapers and 6 JPGS.

As it turns out im pretty happy with several of them. Probably choose 2 kinds from this year and try a 7 Pot Primo next year. Although im really liking a couple others in this thread too.

#896 Noah Yates

Noah Yates

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:41 AM

i too had germination issues and a late start. Got mine sprouted late june/1st of July. They're about 2-2.5 inches currently lol. How are yours? I'm unsure what to expect 

My plants are generally about 1-2 ft tall and beginning to fork out in preparation for crowning.  None of the chinenses have flowers yet, but some of the anuums have already given me ripe peppers.  In your case, you should continue to take care of your plants as well as you can until the frost is approaching. At that point you might be seeing enough pod development to make a decision as to which plants you would like to attempt to overwinter.  Then next season you will have a head start :-)    Don't give up on them though.  With the right conditions you could have some loaded plants by the end of the season yet.   ;)   

Edit:  I looked at some of your other posts and I see that you are growing billy biker jalapenos.  In that case, you should definitely be able to look forward to a bounty of peppers, as anuums, especially hybrid jalapenos, grow and fruit much more rapidly than chinenses.  Just give em plenty of light and keep them happy... you will be rewarded  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Edited by Noah Yates, 31 July 2019 - 10:54 AM.

#897 sjunbboi

sjunbboi

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:49 AM

My plants are generally about 1-2 ft tall and beginning to fork out in preparation for crowning.  None of the chinenses have flowers yet, but some of the anuums have already given me ripe peppers.  In your case, you should continue to take care of your plants as well as you can until the frost is approaching. At that point you might be seeing enough pod development to make a decision as to which plants you would like to attempt to overwinter.  Then next season you will have a head start :-)    Don't give up on them though.  With the right conditions you could have some loaded plants by the end of the season yet.   ;)   

Edit:  I looked at some of your other posts and I see that you are growing billy biker jalapenos.  In that case, you should definitely be able to look forward to a bounty of peppers, as anuums, especially hybrid jalapenos, grow and fruit much more rapidly than chinenses.  Just give em plenty of light and keep them happy... you will be rewarded  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

thanks. I/m formulating plans to continue indoor growing due to the unpredictability of Kansas City weather. Yes, I'm excited about these Billies. Every store bought jalapeno I've bought over this past summer has had zero-to-little heat. 

#898 Bookers

Bookers

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 03:52 PM

Not gnarly... but i know they're hot! Cheers!!e1a16fc5edc1a504cbcf92f4c5555aa4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#899 deolater

deolater

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:45 PM

I saved some seeds from last year but forgot to label them. I think this is an open pollenated ghost that has gotten crossed with something else.

Most of the pods look like giant ghost pods, but then there's this:

4QYyx8X.jpg

ESJxrzd.jpg

aSrQJjf.jpg

And a gif so you can see all sides:
https://i.imgur.com/LDx34n3.gifv

#900 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts