• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Master!

Nothing really to that if you know the chords.

Ah, just kidding. Never really considered SRV much but its nice.
I have high standards and nice is just below FINE which is just below FUQUING AWESOME DUDE! And there is a ton of $h1t under nice. Like 99.5% of everything else.

Reactions: Tex
Stevie was a master of certain blues guitar "lines" which he played in almost every song.  Listen to him enough and you can almost anticipate these very licks.  He most likely had the best technical facility of any American electric bluesman.  Having said that, there was a dude from Ireland who, had they ever had the opportunity to play together, would have absolutely iced him. 
Oh yeah, he could do the blues thing, too.  Blues For Greeny is more than great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deV7hjZw8xM

The Master!

AinleyIncredulousTFD.jpg

Oh wait, were you talking about someone else? :confused:

CAPCOM said:
Nothing really to that if you know the chords.

Ah, just kidding. Never really considered SRV much but its nice.
I have high standards and nice is just below FINE which is just below FUQUING AWESOME DUDE! And there is a ton of $h1t under nice. Like 99.5% of everything else.
The difference between a man that plays from the soul and a man that plays from the mind. He is far above "nice" get real! He is considered a virtuoso. You must not care for the blues much.
Roguejim said:
Stevie was a master of certain blues guitar "lines" which he played in almost every song.  Listen to him enough and you can almost anticipate these very licks.  He most likely had the best technical facility of any American electric bluesman.  Having said that, there was a dude from Ireland who, had they ever had the opportunity to play together, would have absolutely iced him. 
Oh yeah, he could do the blues thing, too.  Blues For Greeny is more than great.
No great guitarist "ices" another. It's only your personal preference. Arguments could be made all day long why someone is "better" than another. All bullshit.
Jeff H said:

AinleyIncredulousTFD.jpg

Oh wait, were you talking about someone else? :confused:
WTF is that?

Proud Marine Dad said:
The difference between a man that plays from the soul and a man that plays from the mind. He is far above "nice" get real! He is considered a virtuoso. You must not care for the blues much.

No great guitarist "ices" another. It's only your personal preference. Arguments could be made all day long why someone is "better" than another. All bullshit.

WTF is that?
The reason I posted this was mainly to just get a rise out of you.  It worked.  Not sure what these two sentences have to do with each other, though: "No great guitarist "ices" another. It's only your personal preference."  The fact is, many great guitarists speak of one guy cutting or icing another guy on a given night.  It happens.  Here is one example of the old master wishing he'd never stepped foot on the stage with the "young man", this evening, but, I doubt you'll watch it anyway. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRCba_-Qawg

I'll stand by nice. Though I probably wouldn't change the channel, there is volumes of material I would rather listen too.
Because I am not particularly fond of Stevie does not mean I don't appreciate the blues. Incredibly there are people who don't like the Stones yet indicate they like Rock.

Proud Marine Dad said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdcpWIWNX6w

she clearly cannot compare to SRV, but does that make this rendition not worth watching ?

Jeff H said:

I thought this was a tread about The Master. Did I misunderstand? :confused:
I seriously don't know who that is Jeff. lol
Roguejim said:
The reason I posted this was mainly to just get a rise out of you.  It worked.  Not sure what these two sentences have to do with each other, though: "No great guitarist "ices" another. It's only your personal preference."  The fact is, many great guitarists speak of one guy cutting or icing another guy on a given night.  It happens.  Here is one example of the old master wishing he'd never stepped foot on the stage with the "young man", this evening, but, I doubt you'll watch it anyway. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRCba_-Qawg
OK, on any given night I'll agree with you on that. I was referring to one artist being superior to another which is false unless you are talking about two guitarists who are not at the same level of playing. ;)

Back