vendor ChilePlants.com in NJ

I visited this nursery today and it was very nice. It is located in Stockton, NJ, about an hour and a half from where I live. It is a little late in the "Purchasing Plants" season and it was noticeable that many plants had been sold out. But that doesn't mean they didn't have great stuff still remaining. I met Josephine who I would assume is the master gardener on premise. She helped a great deal. I first walked into the Tomatos/Eggplant/Tomatillo room and as I said above, most of the popular stuff was sold out. I did snatch a few Tomatillos and I was very happy. I then visited the Pepper room and even though most was sold out, there was still a ton of great plants available. I picked up a catalog and I would say that they sell close to 300 different pepper varieties. Josephine told me that most local people order online in January and then give them a pick up date (say in May) and then go pick them up. The nursery cares for the plants the whole time. They also ship around the world. I give this place the double thumbs up! Excellent service, excellent over the top quality
of product and variety. I will certainly do business with them again next year.

I've used them for the past 8 years or so. This is the first year I did't place an order since I went with seeds. Every plant grew true and plants always arrived in great shape and super healthy.

+1! I bought from them this past week. Their packaging is some of the best. They really know their stuff. Not only that but the plants all arrived in awesome condition. Nothing damaged, etc. Great place to buy from especially if you have trouble starting seeds like me! LOL

Yes they have superhots!

Bought Peach ghost, Devils tongue, and bhut jolokia assam. Tons more varieties.

Also have had success with them. Purchased some Jaloro and Chiero Roxa plants and they were in great shape. Haven't died yet from the Florida sun either! Hopefully will get some yung peps here soon.

Cross Country Nurseries (a.k.a. chileplants.com) has a long-standing solid reputation on this site. I have ordered from them every year since my first order with them, and have found them to be very reliable. In addition to plants and seeds, they sell fresh pods that ship in the fall. I had an order mishandled by the shipper, but CCN replaced them immediately. The plants always arrive in good condition, too. My latest order from them will arrive this week!

I also had good luck with them.  Have never ordered much, usually joined with a coworker who placed order and just got 4 or so.  Even 10 years or so ago, they were top notch.  Plants always health and grew true.  Never had a problem with them.

just ordered  :)  cant wait!!! 

getting : 

BOLDOG HUNGARIAN SPICE (Live Chile/Pepper Plant)

$3.75

$3.75

CAYENNE GOLDEN (Live Chile/Pepper Plant)

$3.75

$7.50

DEVIL'S TONGUE (Live Chile/Pepper Plant)

$4.25

$4.25

HOLY MOLE HYBRID (Live Chile/Pepper Plant)

$3.75

$3.75

JAY'S PEACH GHOST SCORPION (Live Chile/Pepper Plant)

$4.25

$4.25

purpledot.gif

I have to add my .02 about them as well.

I ordered my first-ever superhot live plants, and was really excited to get them. Ordering was painless and they shipped exactly as promised. However, UPS smashed the ever-loving $#!& out of the very well-packaged box, and the poor plants were crushed.

They were beyond apologetic and are getting a replacement order out to me ASAP.

I would (and WILL) order from them again!    :dance:

What I ordered:

BHUT JOLOKIA ASSAM (Live Chile/Pepper Plant) $4.25
BHUT JOLOKIA CHOCOLATE (Live Chile/Pepper Plant) $4.25
BHUT JOLOKIA PEACH (Live Chile/Pepper Plant) $4.25
MORUGA SCORPION CHOCOLATE (Live Chile/Pepper Plant) $4.25
SMOKIN' ED'S CAROLINA REAPER® (Live Chile/Pepper Plant) $6.00
TRINIDAD SCORPION CHOCOLATE (Live Chile/Pepper Plant) $4.25

i ordered from them for the first time this year...overall, i am very happy with them as well...had a couple of damaged plants that they replaced quickly

most of my plants from are coming along very nicely, except my slow ass Reaper plants..lol

I just placed a last minute order for some chocolate scotch bonnets with em!

For anyone still thinking about placing an order they are only taking orders until Noon tomorrow. Last call, June 5th at noon.

Oh hell...If I could choose from 300 varieties, order them in Jan and pick them up in May I would SOOO do that.  I really enjoy the whole process, from germination to harvest, but sometimes it would just be so much easier to skip those first 4 months indoors.

Anyone in Seattle want to start that business?

Scorched said:
Every plant grew true and plants always arrived in great shape and super healthy.

ThePepperTrent said:
+1! I bought from them this past week. 

geeme said:
My latest order from them will arrive this week!

laynlow said:
I ordered 6 plants from them and they arrived in great shape!    A+ in my book.

gangaskan said:

just ordered   :)  cant wait!!! 

TeamDub said:

I would (and WILL) order from them again!    :dance:

BamsBBQ said:
i ordered from them for the first time this year...overall, i am very happy with them as well...had a couple of damaged plants that they replaced quickly

most of my plants from are coming along very nicely, except my slow ass Reaper plants..lol

Sorry for all the quotes. My attempt to lure a few of you back to a thread maybe not routinely frequented.

My question is for those of you who have ordered recently, especially those in the last month...  

How hardened off have you found these plants to be? I have a few coming in on thursday and the last few days have been bang-on mid 90's without a cloud in the sky here.  They have a bed waiting for them but don't want to push em too quick if they still are still in 'babied' condition, especially if they survive the long trip to begin with. 

Back