• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Thank you Randal (my neighbor)

Was mowing front yard today.  Hard cast right leg.  Soft cast left foot.  Push mower with a broken wheel.  Neighbor has a field between us where he grows for hay, but he mows the fence line short.  He was mowing our shared fence line and saw me gimping along.  30 minutes later, he was mowing the area between my house and his hay field.  Maybe half an acre.

I love living rural.  In an urban setting, a neighbor would have probably called code enforcement on my long grass.

I had something similar happen early this week. Neighbour was on his ride on cutting his yard, and before I knew it he'd done half of mine for me as well. Offered to buy him some beers as a thanks and he just said don't worry about it. Saved over an hours work for me if I'd done it with my pushmower. 

ajdrew said:
Was mowing front yard today.  Hard cast right leg.  Soft cast left foot.  Push mower with a broken wheel.  Neighbor has a field between us where he grows for hay, but he mows the fence line short.  He was mowing our shared fence line and saw me gimping along.  30 minutes later, he was mowing the area between my house and his hay field.  Maybe half an acre.

I love living rural.  In an urban setting, a neighbor would have probably called code enforcement on my long grass.
ur right there my friend ! people constantly calling code enforcer in town about tall grass , gotta love the stick !
ajdrew said:

that was really cool of him , don't find that in to many people now days 

Moruga, I keep thinking about adversity and how sometimes it brings out the best in people.  Not sure how this season is going down with the foot / leg problems, but if it is going south at least on the way I have figured out there are good people in the world. Not a whole lot, but enough.

ajdrew said:

Amen! That is why I love living in rural Wyoming. People here care for and look out for one another, like a big family. You'll never get that in the city. I know I couldn't sit idly by while watching someone that was gimped up doing hard labor like that. I'm a firm believer in paying it forward. You may not get thanked out right or even right away, but in time, karma will come back to you and you will blessed when you need it most. I really enjoy these kinds of stories. It helps me hold on to what little faith I have left in humanity.

TrueNorth, I try to see the best in people but do have to observe that when I do see the best in people I am usually standing in a rural setting. I don't know what it is, but living urban I was always upsetting someone.  I opened a store, people were upset because it was the wrong type of store.  I put flower pots on the sidewalk, people were upset with flower pots.  I had to run away before the bodies started to pile up.  Living in the city, there just isn't a good way to dispose of them.

Back