• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense ** Post Your Ghost **

After inspiration from a recent Gnarly pod pick I was wondering what other awesome Bhut Jolokia Pheno's are floating around..

I'm wondering if someone had some unusual rare strain worth being exposed to us and shared around... So post your ghost pics..

Feel free to explain the differences, especially if it's above or below average heat or flavor etc.

Well that maybe true, there are already 1000 images of every pepper out there ... And while I'm not saying it won't happen, if all your concerned about is your photo being taken, watermark it.. If not share the love

I believe finding that next "Special Strain" of a variety is worth a photo or two.. For all we know there's a THP member reading right now who has one and doesn't even know it's any different.

So I'll get this started, you may have already seen a pic of this but its an interesting pod nonetheless.

This is an off-pheno Peach Bhut Jolokia that was grown from a batch of regular Peach Bhut seed. Pods are short, about half a regular Bhut size, but flavour and heat are very similar to a regular pod. These are unknown pods and not an intentional cross and due to the colour I'm not wiling to believe it is a cross unless it was a Orange Hab..

** I would really like to see some twisted up " Bhut " looking white and yellow pods if there out there !!

My 2 ghost plants are my largest and healthiest looking pepper plants. The only problem is I have tons of flowers but no pods yet. I put a shade cloth over them this weekend to see if that makes a difference. I've done the tickling , qtip, shaking etc.. all to no avail. I'm crossing my fingers with the shade cloth doing the trick. If that doesn't work I will no longer try growing them as it's the only plants frustrating me in my entire garden this year. I'm growing a red carribean and a butch t scorp in the same raised bed and they have lots of pods on them . They get the same soil, watering , bites and sun as the ghosts.

SavinaRed said:
My 2 ghost plants are my largest and healthiest looking pepper plants. The only problem is I have tons of flowers but no pods yet. I put a shade cloth over them this weekend to see if that makes a difference. I've done the tickling , qtip, shaking etc.. all to no avail. I'm crossing my fingers with the shade cloth doing the trick. If that doesn't work I will no longer try growing them as it's the only plants frustrating me in my entire garden this year. I'm growing a red carribean and a butch t scorp in the same raised bed and they have lots of pods on them . They get the same soil, watering , bites and sun as the ghosts.

I'm in the same boat. All of my plants are doing well and producing lots of pods except for my bhuts and one terrible looking Devil's Tongue. One is just now starting to bud and the other is just now developing the first round of pods. Good luck

So, last year I had one Peach Ghost Scorpion that produced one 'Orangeish' pod, which I saved the seeds from.

I have four plants this year from those seeds.

So far, one plant is producing both Peach and Orangeish/Red pods.

Is that different enough?

SavinaRed said:
My peach bhut Jolokia are huge & also loaded with flowers after house sitting I seen a pod on one.
My moa yellows have pods as well as my starfish and now datil and Bahamian Goats
Just be patient best of luck with them hope those flowers give you lots of pods!

AH ! ONE OF MY FAVORITES !   Jays Peach Scorpion / Ghost  !  6 plants of these and pods are a coming ! 

IMG_0709.JPG

The way things are going with my peach bhut SS I am going to have loads unless something happens
I have lots of little pods & loads of flowers still I will post a pic of one soon

Back