Create-a-Taco Throwdown and contest!

Who Won?

• Total voters
Dropping some Pulled pork in Chipotle sauce and some smoked chicken verde.

In the sauce pans.

All sauced up with some beans and rice

While plate with my Summer Solstice brew and home made carribean red hot sauce.

Close up of the pork

And the chicken

Both dressed with some home made salsa, cheese, sour cream, guac, jalapeño and habanero rings, and the hot sauce.
The pork was hickory/Apple smoked then cooked with green pepper, onion, garlic, chile powder, cayenne pepper, and a chipotle sauce.
The chicken was also hickory/Apple smoked then cooked with green pepper, onion, cilantro, cayenne pepper, jalapeño powder, and a verse sauce.
Yummy in my tummy. Perfect way to use leftovers from Father's Day.

Nice, Ozzy ...

So ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435111135.521003.jpg

Searzall.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435111150.255052.jpg

More Searzall.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435111184.307180.jpg

Ta-Da!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435111204.224979.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435111218.242225.jpg

Dressed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435111230.709807.jpg

KILLER!

It was really tasty ... and actually, it ate better than I'd imagined it would, too ...

The the spiral unwound and there were nice little cheesy tortilla squares to eat w/ the meat ...

I get a little poopy when the ratios aren't in the major of bites - but that wasn't a problem, thankfully ...

DRINK!

SmokenFire said:

We've used mason jars for glasses the last couple three years.  In a couple months we'll be drinking out of coffee mugs again though - because all our 'glasses' will be full of canned foods and pickles.   :)

I like using them. I use them for coffee, beer, etc ...

As a matter of fact, yesterday I picked up some new lid bling to further my jar pimping ... a shaker lid.

juanitos said:
yeah thats ridiculous gm 

It's less over-the-top than most of the burgers I've shared, LOL ...

2x smallest-size tortilla (trimmed) ...
3/4 of 1 lb tube of 85/15 SRF beef ...
1 whole egg ...
1/3-1/2 bag of shredded cheddar ...
1 packet OEP seasoning mix ...
1.5 tbsp! JHP 15 Pepper Blend ...
2 green onion ...

I've made burgers using two 1/2 lb fatty patties w/ 2x tbsp duck fat or bacon fat and as much cheese, plus 3x pieces of bun bread ...

Just open up those minds and enjoy it my friends, it was tasty as fuck and no big deal, really ...

Ok I got two meals worth rocking here. Doing some tonight and rest tomorrow.. we are allowed more than one entry right? just judging off fact that insanity pepper made a few. I'll go read "rules" when i'm done typing here. Got lots of food prep to do.

Feel free to make speculations about what I may be making... (tamales are more of a side not part the tacos per say but will be utilizing left over skirt steak for them)

Peppers are aji omni color, bolsa de dulce, xalapas jalapenos, criolla sella and tepin x lemon drop. 

_MG_0826.JPG

Back