Create-a-Taco Throwdown and contest!

Who Won?

• Total voters
Okay, I'd like to preface, by saying, I know  that my photo skills are lacking, but...
I really enjoy sharing pics of good food, also

I Love TACOS  :dance: 

:D 

So I'm going to start this off with a Double entry !

Last Nights dinner:

Fish Tacos with Rice and Beans, Tacos from Left-Right; homemade salsa, & some Pex Peppers Atom Splitter,diced yellow Congo pepper,diced Inca Drop peppers, Limes, Guacamole, and sliced Bishops Hat peppers
Tonights dinner

Beans and Rice from last nights dinner, Fresh Manzano's, Aji Amarillo powder, Crema Fresca, Limes, Tortillas,etc.

Shredded beef Tacos with Crema de Aji, fresh Manzanos, Guacamole, Rice and Beans, and Dee Roo hot sauces Tiki Torch, and El Capitan and the last of my Inca red Drop peppers.

and...
I picked up some Al Pastor for tomorrow nights Tacos while @ the Mercado today  :P 

Thanks for looking at my pics :) 

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
Okay, I'd like to preface, by saying, I know  that my photo skills are lacking, but...

I think your food often is nicer than the pictures ...

I have one suggestion ...

Turn the phone 90 degrees. That would help so much w/o ANY other changes ...

We're seeing too much of your range, always ...

I can't help myself .. .one more tip ... after you focus on the item you want to be the focus of our attention, then usually the phone will switch into letting you pick a zone for exposure selecting ... try tapping the darkest thing, and then tap the brightest thing to get an idea what your range is ...

Fuck it, we're so close ... the last thing I would say, is find a domininant edge or straight line and rotate the camera so that the line you are keyed in on comes through intentionally into the picture ...

I won't say on the horizon, but that's often a good choice ...

Look up the Rule of Thirds, see if you can't turn on the "#" guidelines to practice with, and enjoy monumentally more engaging photos ...

I've been waiting for you to mention your own photos to offer those tips =) ... was really testing my self-control through the everyday Memorial Day entries ...

CHEERS!

PS - Those are both killer De Roo sauces, man ... glad for you that the sauce found you ...

grantmichaels said:

I think your food often is nicer than the pictures ...

I have one suggestion ...

Turn the phone 90 degrees. That would help so much w/o ANY other changes ...

We're seeing too much of your range, always ...

I can't help myself .. .one more tip ... after you focus on the item you want to be the focus of our attention, then usually the phone will switch into letting you pick a zone for exposure selecting ... try tapping the darkest thing, and then tap the brightest thing to get an idea what your range is ...

f**k it, we're so close ... the last thing I would say, is find a domininant edge or straight line and rotate the camera so that the line you are keyed in on comes through intentionally into the picture ...

I won't say on the horizon, but that's often a good choice ...

Look up the Rule of Thirds, see if you can't turn on the "#" guidelines to practice with, and enjoy monumentally more engaging photos ...

I've been waiting for you to mention your own photos to offer those tips =) ... was really testing my self-control through the everyday Memorial Day entries ...

CHEERS!

PS - Those are both killer De Roo sauces, man ... glad for you that the sauce found you ...
^^ This is Gold right here.
Thanks GM  I feel like I won, just by getting these kind of tips. :)
In fact I'd rather bump this topic with a new Taco Dinner each night than win anyway  :D (unless anybody is against that, then i'll share them in the General Taco thread)
that memorial day contest was fun even though I didn't have a chance.

I'm still new here, though I feel like I'm learning fast.
This community is Awesome  :dance: and has been very welcoming!
I wish I would have joined THP a long time ago.

:cheers:  everyone

I'm off to go play with my phone  ;)

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:

So I'm going to start this off with a Double entry !

Last Nights dinner:

Fish Tacos with Rice and Beans, Tacos from Left-Right; homemade salsa, & some Pex Peppers Atom Splitter,diced yellow Congo pepper,diced Inca Drop peppers, Limes, Guacamole, and sliced Bishops Hat peppers
Tonights dinner

Beans and Rice from last nights dinner, Fresh Manzano's, Aji Amarillo powder, Crema Fresca, Limes, Tortillas,etc.

Shredded beef Tacos with Crema de Aji, fresh Manzanos, Guacamole, Rice and Beans, and Dee Roo hot sauces Tiki Torch, and El Capitan and the last of my Inca red Drop peppers.

and...
I picked up some Al Pastor for tomorrow nights Tacos while @ the Mercado today  :P 

Thanks for looking at my pics :) 
Bonus points for product placement!  I would own that plate of food.  nice one.

Caribbean Red Mango tacos!

Alright, this is a group effort! It includes my sister, our family friend and yours truly, TNR. These are our Caribbean Red Mango tacos. Served with homemade re-fried black beans and homemade tortilla chips.

First, I would like to thank our family friend Maggie for the amazing homemade tortillas. That woman can seriously throw down in the kitchen! Second, I would like to thank my sister Holly for making the cilantro-lime salsa with Aji Limon peppers and the homemade corn tortilla chips. I made the chicken mixture which includes chicken breast, red bell peppers, onions and pineapple slow cooked in a homemade Caribbean Red Mango sauce as well as my own re-fried black beans.

For condiments I have both Sunburn and Bad Apple from THP's own PrimeTime. I've been putting this stuff on everything!

BTW, Salsalady, if you are reading this, I need your address so I can send you a bottle of this, my jerk sauce and a few others to share at the NW camp-out later this summer!

Still in the pot...
SANY0159.jpg

I won't win any plating or photography awards, but the flavor is most definitely there!

SANY0163.jpg

Sadly,I doubt I'll have anything to enter into this, the tacos I'm envisioning would be pretty tasty to me, I'd be the only one in the house who would eat them, maybe I'll save the idea for a few weeks and try it when the wife and kids are traveling....

Back