• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My hot peppers are sick, don't know why

what have you been spraying them with??
without knowing any information, i would say just leave them be. Dont spray them with anything to try to "treat them"

IMO they look ok in general, and the problems from the curled leaf edges are probably from some form of over attention, be it with a spray of some sort or other ferts etc.

just let the foliage dry out, maybe trim off the curled leaf edges with some scissors and re assess in a week or so after things dry out

edit; i also notice a patch of fairly bright light on a patch of wet leaf. always apply sprays in the afternoon after the sun has left to avoid burn

I've seen the same sort of damage from....

Plants being watered hard knocking the leaves into objects ( other leaves , soil, pot edges etc. ) damaging the edges..

too much nitrogen..

Aphid damage.. but not usually on leaves that size, usually the smaller new growth..

thanks for the response.

the spray is just water, I don't usually spray them. It was just once..
About the soil, its a new soil (Garden Mix)
It could be that I over water them (  I have not watered them for 4 days and the soil is still wet) 

About the edges damage .. it could be because of a sun shade I tried to install and it might damaged them. I took it off.

Anyway I will try to let the soil get dry and will report back in a week or two.

how much sun they should get?

Thank you.

oren_a said:
thanks for the response.

the spray is just water, I don't usually spray them. It was just once..
About the soil, its a new soil (Garden Mix)
It could be that I over water them (  I have not watered them for 4 days and the soil is still wet) 

About the edges damage .. it could be because of a sun shade I tried to install and it might damaged them. I took it off.

Anyway I will try to let the soil get dry and will report back in a week or two.

how much sun they should get?

Thank you.

It almost sounds like the pot you have is too big for the plants to uptake enough water to help dry the pot out quickly enough.  As for the damage. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless the new growth is stunted or coming in damaged.  That would suggest an internal issue with the plant. 

Also,  How long have these plants been outside?  Is it possible that since they have been outside they are just now getting full sun.  That could give the leaves that "burned" look from my experience.

Im no expert, because normally when I burn my plants they are completely dead and dried to a crisp... but my guess was sun damage (if they werent properly hardened prior)

Back