• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Not my first sauce, but my newest

But here is my new sauce.  Nothing wild and not a whole lot of heat, but quite tasty.

Contents:
12 very large Jalapenos
2/3 of a white onion
small head or garlic
teasppon of salt
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
3/4 inch section of ginger diced
handfull of fresh cilantro
most of a small bottle of lime juice (added in two stages half before cooking and half after)
White vinegar, enough to cove the peppers in the pot

I cooked it on the grill for about 30 mins and then blended with an imersion blender and bottled.  Not as much fire as I would usually like, but I made it so the wife could enjoy some.

Edit:  pic didnt come through. And I cant figure out how to add a pic.

Welcome to THP Apok451!  You need to use a pic hosting site like photobucket or tinypic - they'll host the pic (free) and then you can post it here.  Several threads exist for uploading photos - try searching them out.  :)

By the way - the sauce sound delicious.  I like the combo of the jalas with the ginger and the brown sugar.  

Its quite a tasty combination.  Though this is the first sauce I will be able to recreate as my previous sauces have had such an odd variety of peppers.  THe last one I could remake as well, but it ended up a little too hot with 13 ghosts and like 3/4 pound or dried thai chilis.  Ended up as a super hot and thick sirracha.  

Back