• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Some people will never learn proper safety measures

Apparently he hadn't or didn't care. Some plants don't have loto procedures though. Especially when it's assembly lines. 

lock out tag out has been a safety process for quite a few years now . question is are they trained , who's authorized to lock out . and was he authorized to be in confined work area  ?    

It could just as easily been another type of machine, press etc.   Lockout tag out is a good first step but some things need mechanical interventions too. Ram blocks etc   I think the term is Zero energy state. 

ribbedturtleneck said:
We might have bigger problems than lock out, tag out here.

The war against the machines has started. They need to press charges against the robot, to make an example out of it. We don't want the other robots getting any ideas.

Though the company uses some lightweight robots to work on the production line next to humans, a spokesperson told the Financial Times that this was not one of those robots. The type of robot that crushed the employee is usually kept in a cage. The man was working on the robot inside the cage when he was grabbed.

http://time.com/3944181/robot-kills-man-volkswagen-plant/

lol

I have worked with heavy machinery all of my working life. We currently have six robots employed, and two of our newest ones are just like those in the car industry.

All of our robots are in a cage, if a door is opened or a intrusion barrier light beam is broken, it will immediately shut down.

Machinery safety is not fool proof for the smartest of fools.

SR.

Back