• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video Video Update

Here's a quick look at my progress to date. I have a lot more pods now that the temperature has come down a little. Take a look and let me know what you guys think.

Tim

https://youtu.be/kQyee30sjXk

Tim,
Love your updates. Thanks for taking the time to do them.

Have you tried adding some higher phosphorous nutes to kickstart the reapers? One dose of Fox Farms Tiger Bloom might be just what they need to keep some pods.

On your bubblegums, I don't know if I would have the patience to wait for them to bleed. Hard to tell on your video, but it didn't look like your pods have the oversized calyx that sets the bbg apart. I'm sure they will be tasty and hot either way. I'd be tempted to pick all but a few red ones, and leave just a couple to experiment with.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what those late bloomers produce for you.

I was going to say the same thing on the bbg7. I'd expect the oversized calyx as well. This is my first year growing them and I only have two green pods but both have the large calyx. Do any of yours have that, red pods or otherwise?

Btw, continue to be impressed by your plants...they are monsters

tctenten said:
Tim great looking plants. What do you use as stakes to support the plants? And do you secure them to the pots?
  I use bamboo stakes in the center of the pots. I use wire to secure the plants to the bamboo. That's all the support they have.

ribbedturtleneck said:
Tim,
Love your updates. Thanks for taking the time to do them.

Have you tried adding some higher phosphorous nutes to kickstart the reapers? One dose of Fox Farms Tiger Bloom might be just what they need to keep some pods.

On your bubblegums, I don't know if I would have the patience to wait for them to bleed. Hard to tell on your video, but it didn't look like your pods have the oversized calyx that sets the bbg apart. I'm sure they will be tasty and hot either way. I'd be tempted to pick all but a few red ones, and leave just a couple to experiment with.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what those late bloomers produce for you.
 I just gave them some Fox Farms Big Bloom. I don't know if that's comparable. I also noticed the calyx for the most part aren't over sized, however there are 2 or 3 pods with pretty large calyx.
  Genetikx..... There are a few large ones, just isn't the majority.

Tim

Back