• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Throwdown Throne

BigB takes the OVERALL prize!

Best Chinese Meal of Chinese Throwdown!

A lot of flavor coaxing in that one, very nice spread, flavors, execution!

Congrats to ALL crown recipients! That was a fun one!

Breakfast
Scoville DeVille - Cheese Hash with Sausage (boom!)
Sandwich
hotstuff - Guido's Tre Formaggi Meatball Po-Boy (HELL YEAH HOT STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE SUSAN LUCCI OF THROWDOWNS!!!!!)
Meal
Ozzy2001 - Cheese Fiesta (duh! didn't vote for it but still duh!! winner!!!!)
Dessert
tctenten - Cannoli (love all of this guy's stuff)

WOW that was awesome!!!!!!

That TD was a blast! Thank you to all who voted for my enchiladas. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Any time my meal gets even one vote in a TD, I consider that a win and I am grateful to everyone who thought my dish was "The One". It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to know that you appreciate what I threw down.
     Ozzy prevailed in the meal category's close race. Congratulations to you, sir! I'm proud to have been beaten by a meal of that caliber. And congratulations to all other contestants, winners or losers. Your culinary talents, competitive natures and positive attitudes toward these competitions/get-togethers are what make them what they are. 
     But most of all, congrats to hotstuff! It's been a long time coming. That crown has been your white whale for some time now. But now you got that bling that you deserve. Wear it with pride!
     And, of course, thank you THP for putting these together and giving us all a fair, fun playing field to show off what we can do in a kitchen!  :cheers:

Back