• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Fruit in weird places

I live in KY and have a fascination with growing fruit in odd locations, like the lime and lemon I grow here in KY.  They are potted and have to come in each fall.  Tried cold hearty fig, but didnt do well.  I am thinking they have to be very well established to survive the winters.  However, probably going to try again in a green house because from what I understand even without heat the ground never freezes.  Sure they will die back, but thinking that they will probably survive.

What fruits do you grow in weird places, things you would not ordinarily associate with your location?  Share your weird.

ajdrew said:
What fruits do you grow in weird places, things you would not ordinarily associate with your location?  Share your weird.

Peppers! :D

I live in germany and I don't know of any pepper-plant that survived only one winter outdoors.

...I live in the "sweet Spot" so nothing is really off limits.  With the exception of heat sensitive varieties.  It gets hot in Southern Virginia.  Been 95-100 at least 2/3 days for the past month.

Back