•  

Photo

The Shapeshifting Organic Garden - Trippas 2015-2016

Raised beds New location starting fresh Bhut jolokia Pubescens seed restock Organic Glasshouse

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 romy6

romy6

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:45 AM

Wow Tristen I had no idea you moved home . They say it is one if the not the best places on earth to live . Just amazing environment you have . 

Wish they were a little more lax at customs we could hook u up with a plethora of seeds . Keep it spicy my friend. 

Jamie :cheers:

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#22 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  • aka:Trippa

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:46 PM

Well this season has been challenging ... New environment and the need for an upgrade on the roof on the greenhouse has meant lots of stunted baby plants ... And losing 41 seedlings to rats ( have caught 5 so far since) !!.. plus a few to slugs and snails.

Have managed to coax about 20 plants through the chilli Armageddon.. but they are slow ... A big rethink for next season in the pipeline at the moment ... But unfortunately my hopes of replenishing my seed stocks of my varieties took a big hit ... I hope I get viable seed again next season

Everything on this glog = Just F%£*king marvelous.

#23 KiNGDeNNiZ

KiNGDeNNiZ

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts
  • aka:KiNGDeNNiZ

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

Glad to see things are settling down... keep on growing

#24 Dot Com

Dot Com

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:15 PM

Keeping a close eye on your Glog Tristan and hoping for a scorchingly bountiful harvest ;)

Hotter  :fireball:  is ALWAYS better  :dance:

#25 Sawyer

Sawyer

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • aka:Sawyer

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:45 PM

Man, I feel your pain wrt the rats.  When it turned cold here, I brought in probably two or three hundred plants, volunteer seedlings to knee-high.  Thought I had the rat situation under control, but the cold brought in a couple more and they just mowed down the plants.  They got wise to the traps, so I've had to resort to poison.  That seems to have worked, but it may be too little, too late for the plants.  Good luck to you on your plants' recovery. 

#26 Dot Com

Dot Com

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:03 PM

As to your stunted plants, my plants got a late start last season and I had some say they wouldnt mature far enough to produce. They all ended up producing though

Hotter  :fireball:  is ALWAYS better  :dance:

#27 Oban

Oban

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:23 AM

Hi, I am very curious about Bih Jolokia (pepperlover) and Bhut jolokia Orange (Pepperlover) that I'll cultivate even in 2016.

I've just grown in 2015 Bhut jolokia Indian Carbon By PepperLover, I've never heard a so intense peach aroma, very good!

Good luck for your 2016 season.

#28 stickman

stickman

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:47 AM

Yikes! I feel for ya Tristan... I had to deal with Voles in my garden patch last season too. The little bastiges tunneled all through my plot in the community garden chewing up my carrots and greens, and turning my irrigation valve box into an underground bunker. John's right... they do get wise to traps, so I'll spread out my plants a bit more this year so they won't have as many places to hide. It'll mean more work since I'll have to put down more mulch, but so be it...

The Hot Pepper... If self-immolation is your goal... we're here to help! Posted Image

#29 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,607 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

Hey, Tristen!  Just checking back in to THP - been awhile!

Good to see your grow got off to a good start; should be well along by now.

Good luck with the Scotch Bonnet TFM, Scotch Bonnet Chocolate, Red Rocoto,

and Mystery F3.  I'm growing all those as well, so it will be fun to get a glimpse

into the future reading your grow log.  

Glad to see you in a decent growing situation this season, brother!

Later:  Sorry to hear of your trouble with the greenhouse:  Please call upon me

for any seeds you need - I'll be happy to send some your way.

I hope some of the varieties I mentioned made it through okay.  

Would you like me to send some seeds for those right away?

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#30 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:18 PM

Wow Tristen I had no idea you moved home . They say it is one if the not the best places on earth to live . Just amazing environment you have . 

Wish they were a little more lax at customs we could hook u up with a plethora of seeds . Keep it spicy my friend.

Hey Romy ... Cheers for the kind words bro ... Yeah its a pretty great place to live and raise kids for sure... Its can be a little cool where I am to get really great consistant chilli results outside but with a greenhouse its great ... And the summer we have just had was perfect and warm ... Only wish I had had some plants outside .. But I have my spot picked for next season :D

#31 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:33 PM

Glad to see things are settling down... keep on growing

cheers Denniz 

Keeping a close eye on your Glog Tristan and hoping for a scorchingly bountiful harvest ;)

cheers bro ... Unfortunatly not such a bountiful harvest or none so far ... I live and learn .. Need to restock some seeds then onto next years plan! 

Man, I feel your pain wrt the rats.  When it turned cold here, I brought in probably two or three hundred plants, volunteer seedlings to knee-high.  Thought I had the rat situation under control, but the cold brought in a couple more and they just mowed down the plants.  They got wise to the traps, so I've had to resort to poison.  That seems to have worked, but it may be too little, too late for the plants.  Good luck to you on your plants' recovery.

cheers sawyer! Rat control done .. But I hear another one in our ceiling just started up ... The traps are coming back out! 

As to your stunted plants, my plants got a late start last season and I had some say they wouldnt mature far enough to produce. They all ended up producing though

thanks bro ... Yeah I have a mini harvest in the making now but I need to suss some extra heat and light to finish it I think  

Hi, I am very curious about Bih Jolokia (pepperlover) and Bhut jolokia Orange (Pepperlover) that I'll cultivate even in 2016.
I've just grown in 2015 Bhut jolokia Indian Carbon By PepperLover, I've never heard a so intense peach aroma, very good!

Good luck for your 2016 season.

cheers for stopping in .. Can't help with any comparisons on those varieties as I haven't had any pods from them 

Yikes! I feel for ya Tristan... I had to deal with Voles in my garden patch last season too. The little bastiges tunneled all through my plot in the community garden chewing up my carrots and greens, and turning my irrigation valve box into an underground bunker. John's right... they do get wise to traps, so I'll spread out my plants a bit more this year so they won't have as many places to hide. It'll mean more work since I'll have to put down more mulch, but so be it...

cheers Rick ... Yeah its been a bit of a trial but next season is always positive in my minds eye :D 

Hey, Tristen!  Just checking back in to THP - been awhile!

Good to see your grow got off to a good start; should be well along by now.

Good luck with the Scotch Bonnet TFM, Scotch Bonnet Chocolate, Red Rocoto,
and Mystery F3.  I'm growing all those as well, so it will be fun to get a glimpse
into the future reading your grow log.  

Glad to see you in a decent growing situation this season, brother!
Later:  Sorry to hear of your trouble with the greenhouse:  Please call upon me
for any seeds you need - I'll be happy to send some your way.
I hope some of the varieties I mentioned made it through okay.  
Would you like me to send some seeds for those right away?

Cheers Paul! Yeah tough season of lessons and trial and error in the new environment... I have learnt plenty and realised procrastination in the shorter season only makes any problems 10x worse. (Remind me of that next season please ;). )
As for the seeds ... I am looking at my options since pepperlover seems to be out of stock on a good portion of her listings I am unsure how or where I will be restocking for next season just yet .. Thanks for the offer ... I am already in your debt from previous supply runs :D

#32 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,607 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:18 PM

You home, buddy?

Long time no see... I have F5 seeds for you   :flamethrower:

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Raised beds, New location, starting fresh, Bhut jolokia, Pubescens, seed restock, Organic, Glasshouse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests