• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Finally nailed a decent sauce! I'm hooked.

Hey all!

After trying and for the most part failing, in past attempts, I had a renewed interest this year after growing several varieties of hotties. 

Anyway, I picked a few off the vine a few days ago and decided to have another go at cooking up something decent, using a mix of ingredients from various recipes on this amazing forum. 

Guess what -- it's tasty! And just hot enough to please most heat lovers, but (I think) tame enough for the average bear to spice up a dish without melting their face off. 

Primary ingredients include:

White peaches
Mangos
Orange bell
Roasted ghosts (3)
Scorpion moruga chocolate (1)
garlic
onion
ACV
various spices

Also, I smoked the peppers/onions with Jack Daniels chips, which I think will prove to be amazing after the resting period. It sure smelled good!

aeo1imo.jpg

Alright!!!! That's why the say: if at first you don't succeed Try Try Again!! :) congratulations on a fantastic looking sauce. Now let it age for like 20 days then open and taste. This rest period allows the flavors to meld.
All my smoked sauces taste ten times better after the aging period. Once again congrats on your success.
And welcome to THP no better place for all your chili head needs!! :)
Murrells Inlet SC

Back