• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cabai Burung Ungu

17551493766_0d0e7d0183_c.jpg

21479065543_89d75a0ec3_b.jpg

21912167070_798d87d44f_b.jpg

22100368745_84b17269dc_b.jpg

21479165923_0750da56e7_b.jpg

22087843412_822bdbdf60_b.jpg

20474428226_acccc7e208_b.jpg

21912468248_694167cd94_b.jpg

22100395005_40f2a94436_b.jpg

22100379905_edffb15ea6_b.jpg

Bump please?

Excellent documentation! I was thinking my pods were coming out small (2gal pots) but yours appear to be the same size. What a beautiful and fun to grow plant. I found them to be pretty dang hot, almost Goatsweed hot. Really good flavor with some bitterness in the finish.

:cheers: Very nice work Pro Son

Beautiful plants and peppers!  You some great adventures with your peppers.

Your photography never fails to amaze, John.  I'm driving over some day and have you take a pic of me - I'll bet I'll look real pretty for a change.

hogleg said:

Excellent documentation! I was thinking my pods were coming out small (2gal pots) but yours appear to be the same size. What a beautiful and fun to grow plant. I found them to be pretty dang hot, almost Goatsweed hot. Really good flavor with some bitterness in the finish.

:cheers: Very nice work Pro Son

It was a fun one to grow. I sowed in mid to late April and some terrible weather this year set the plant back. I wasn't expecting it to get as large as it did,figured I would see more lateral growth,but mine was fairly tall.

cone9 said:
Beautiful plants and peppers!  You some great adventures with your peppers.

Your photography never fails to amaze, John.  I'm driving over some day and have you take a pic of me - I'll bet I'll look real pretty for a change.

Better make it soon,frost this weekend and then chile retirement for me. If you dig rare Solanums,I will have a yard full of them next season.

Hawaiianero said:
Gorgeous plant/pods
What is the heat/flavor like?
BTW, awesome photography there too :party:

Crispy texture which surprised me. If left to go 100% ripe,they get the soft skin of a frutescens which I was expecting.  Alittle lower heat than most frutescens and slightly different heat profile,not as fast or quick. Flavor was OK,again,C.frutescens are my favorite chiles so I may be picky.  They will work for fina'denne.

Pr0digal_son said:

It was a fun one to grow. I sowed in mid to late April and some terrible weather this year set the plant back. I wasn't expecting it to get as large as it did,figured I would see more lateral growth,but mine was fairly tall.

Better make it soon,frost this weekend and then chile retirement for me. If you dig rare Solanums,I will have a yard full of them next season.

Crispy texture which surprised me. If left to go 100% ripe,they get the soft skin of a frutescens which I was expecting.  Alittle lower heat than most frutescens and slightly different heat profile,not as fast or quick. Flavor was OK,again,C.frutescens are my favorite chiles so I may be picky.  They will work for fina'denne.
Now you really got my attention. So many different spellings but I know exactly what you mean. Cabai Burung Ungu is on my short list now :dance:

Back