• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My first time growing anything log!

I am growing several varieties of peppers off amazon. I know they arent super reliable, but I bought the seeds before I knew about this website.

Here is a list of what I am growing:

Cayyenne Red Long Pepper - BGS supplies
Hot Pepper Serrano del Sol - Davids garden seeds and products
Hot Pepper Jalapeno El Jefe - Davids garden seeds and products
Peruvian White Lightning Habanero - Seeds & Things
Devil's Tongue Hot Pepper - Seeds & Things
Jamaican Hot Chocolate Habenero - Short tail meow
Bhut Jolokia White Pepper - Precognx
Bhut Jolokia chilli - Precognx
Bhut Jolokia-Ghost Chile - Today and hy

This is my first time growing much of anything so go easy on me, please tell me what I am doing wrong and what I can do to be better. 

Lights:

I have (3) 4 foot T5 fixtures. Two of the fixtures hold 1 light and the third holds 2 lights. Right now I have 4 6400k T5 thingys each bulb is 54 watts.  I also have enclosed the space in mylar to the best of my abilities. 

My lighting schedule will be the lights go on when I get up at 7am and go off around 9pm. (I dont want to go longer because I need to respect the fact that my room mates might not want lights on in our livingroom that late)

Pots and soil:

The plants are all in 6 or 7 inch plastic pots. The potting soil is a mix of foxfarm ocean forest and some other random potting soil. 

Plan: 

​Put these plants outside as soon as the last freeze is over and get a massive yield! I live in boston massachusetts by the way, so I have about 5 months to go indoors.

Problem:

When I transferred my plants into bigger pots, I forgot to relabel the pots! 

I currently have around 16 plants in my grow area, I know as they get bigger I will have to get rid of some. I want to have at least 1 of each variety (so around 9) stay alive until the summer. Will I be able to tell them apart without pods? How will I know what ones to get rid of!? UHG!

thanks! I updated my main post with the answer to your question. I think they are starting to look sad, I dont think they are getting enough light. =(.

I love shake by the way. That was my favorite show on friday nights and the weekends in my dads basement. 

These peppers were looking very droopy. Then I poured a 5 gal water jug into the rubbermaid they are sitting in and today they all look great! very happy! Im glad to learn I will still be able to water from the bottom.

I think its time to get rid of more peppers because my grow space is getting crowded.... BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT PEPPER IS WITCH!!! 

I want to be able to save 1 of each of the 7-9 varieties =( uhg 

Looks pretty good.
You are however going to need to repot fairly soon and when you do those plants are going to take off. Space and adequate lighting will come into play again. The reason I bring this up is most growers have just are will be soon just starting seed for next year and the plants, depending on last frost dates will be larger than yours now. With proper room to grow, lighting and neutrients, you should have monsters.

Back