NuWave Cooktop

A buddy gave me one and I've found a few good uses for mine perfect for duck or quail confit. Now it makes loud fan noise downside for me but controls are easy temps are near accurate but all in all I wouldn't tell anyone not to get it but wouldn't go out of my way to highly recommend it. Ive used mine probably 12 times this year mostly over the summer cooking my BBQ sauce outside while grillin. I'm gonna try it for making my fudge this winter see how that goes. These are just MY opinions and shouldn't encourage or dissuade just inform..

that commercial.......hahahaha wow. it's like, how helpless are you. it's not your fault you burn grilled cheese sandwiches. what? seriously? Don't get me wrong, i'm sure it's a good product and has its purposes, but if you're so helpless you consistently burn grilled cheese sandwiches and oatmeal, then you need to reevaluate how you cook and how much you pay attention to what you cook. if you want to do something and forget about it forever, get a slow cooker.

I've looked at those as well. Was going to purchase when a friend gave me a couple propane burners for cooking chilies outdoors so never did. Have heard mixed reviews. Great idea for a boat though. Let us know how it works out brother!!! :)

if you want consistent temperature and accuracy......get a sous vide. it's amazing and makes amazing confit too. I've made duck confit and dam. Just recently found some herbed lamb chops in a vacuum sealed pack at trader joes and cooked it at 55C for 2.5 hrs and holy shit, most tender and best lamb chops i've had in a long time

BigB said:
that commercial.......hahahaha wow. it's like, how helpless are you. it's not your fault you burn grilled cheese sandwiches. what? seriously? Don't get me wrong, i'm sure it's a good product and has its purposes, but if you're so helpless you consistently burn grilled cheese sandwiches and oatmeal, then you need to reevaluate how you cook and how much you pay attention to what you cook. if you want to do something and forget about it forever, get a slow cooker.
No I don't have any of those issues lol.I've been cooking for years but do not like my ceramic stove. We have a busy household and I enjoy cooking on my patio in back where my kamado grill is located. I have a table set up that will hold up to 4 portable cook tops like these. The burners in my kitchen are not large enough for my big(12-20 quart DO's) and these will work great. I like the temperature control these will offer when I'm making soups,stews,sauces etc......

BigB said:
if you want consistent temperature and accuracy......get a sous vide. it's amazing and makes amazing confit too. I've made duck confit and dam. Just recently found some herbed lamb chops in a vacuum sealed pack at trader joes and cooked it at 55C for 2.5 hrs and holy shit, most tender and best lamb chops i've had in a long time
yeah Ive always wanted one but only confit once or twice a year but if I did have a immersion circulator or a sous vide water oven I would confit everything at least once lol

Back