• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Printer recommendations?

My 18 month old lightly used cannon printer up and died for no reason. After googling, found out this is not uncommon. Cannon will fix but I've got to lug it or ship it. Screw that.

So I'm in the market for a new printer. Small and simple. Mostly just printing docs and the occasional pic- doesn't have to be photo quality. Not an HP fan and definitely don't want another cannon. Suggestions?

Epson 3640 all in one Printer, Scanner, Copier and Fax. I bought this because my old Fax Machine was out dated. I have a Canon Scanner and a HP Photo Smart Printer still plugged in, but I never use them anymore.  So far I have worked the Epson as hard as my HP work printer  and its taking everything I can throw at it. Its really user friendly and fast.  I'm very happy with this machine. 

If you are after just a decent printer and nothing more no MFP etc, Epson L130 is worth  a look at, its ciss means you wont give shitton of money for it ink and it prints decent amount for the money

More like all-at-once ...

As in, my drivers are going to suck up a shit-load of your ram, all-at-once ...

As in, when one device breaks, you are going to lose the ability to use all of the devices, all-at-once ...

As in ... well ... you get the point.

I don't even believe you should get a printer that does black and photos ...

I think you should get a monochrome laser printer ...

If and when you need a photo printer down the line, buy it then, or just use Kinkos for those times ...

grantmichaels said:
More like all-at-once ...
As in, my drivers are going to suck up a shit-load of your ram, all-at-once ...
As in, when one device breaks, you are going to lose the ability to use all of the devices, all-at-once ...
As in ... well ... you get the point.

I don't even believe you should get a printer that does black (color?) and photos ...

I think you should get a monochrome laser printer ...

LOL!!!

I bought a used HP5 Lasertank at a garage sale 6 years ago.  (For the cost of one "cheap" ink cartridge.)
It's still going strong on the original used cartridge.
No color and only 600 DPI (not a real issue, the dithered images look acceptable), but it Just Frigging Works!

If you're not printing on a weekly basis, don't buy inkjet.... just add a few bucks more and buy a laser printer. Color lasers are not costing so much as they did a few years back. You can get a decent family color laser printer for about 200 euros around here.... but it's just a printer, not a multifunction...

Ended up with a $45.00 Epson color printer. It's small, was easy to install and prints easily from my iPad. Best $45.00 I've spent in a while. For now...

grantmichaels said:

Have you been here? I have.

office_space_printer.gif

I abhor printers.

In all my years of computer-life, I've only owned like 3-4 because I hate them passionately ...

2-3x of those 3-4x were during my photography years, too ...

But otherwise ... fuck 'em ...

Back