• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TPT's 2016 start

Hello everyone, yes it's a tad early and I am not going to start anything yet, but soon as I have found it gets cold pretty fast in northern Arizona. I hope next year goes better than this past year, I didn't start anything early enough and ended up having to buy plants. Out of the 10 plants I got, 1 lived and that was a bust too. So I am OW-ing that one, it's a peach bhut. Here is my very small list. It is going to expand pretty soon as I hopped on Scorched seed train round 3, I am very excited for that.

Jonah
Coral Reef(no idea what that is)
Zimbabwe Bird
Chocolate Brain strain
Aji Lemon Drop
Peach Ghost Scorpion

Have a good day everyone.

Zimbabwe bird is my go to bird pepper(small and compact with high yield). The coral reef is kind of like a Thai pepper and is a great choice for containers. My coral reef didn't do well in the garden but I gave some to friends that did well in pots.

robbyjoe01 said:
The coral reef is kind of like a Thai pepper and is a great choice for containers.
Oh cool! I plan to just use large containers for all of them since the ground here isn't all that great. Sounds like the CR will be good for sauces, correct?

MarianneW said:
When do you plant out?
Thanks for stopping by. I will probably start late December, and into January. Then plant out in late March-April, we always have one last frost late March then it warms up from then.

Turns out I am going to have to keep the list for next year small as I am moving. I updated the list to exclude a few varieties and to include PGS. Scorched seed train should be departing soon so I needed to make room for my move and for the train. Even though I can't grow much, it should be a great season.

Being a chilli head I just HAD to start seeds. I started Chocolate Brain Strain and Jonah. Got hooks on both, no pics yet because my camera sucks.

Back