• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 karoo

karoo

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,428 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:59 AM

what is the worst case of Pepper ignorance that you have seen?

This copypasted from a recipe online. I guess it should be jalapenos.

green chilli (the fat squat variety that isn't too fiery), halved and deseeded

" I wish I was as young as the first time I said, " I'm getting to old for this sh!t." "

#2 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • aka:D3
  • (x6)

Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:07 AM

Asked my wife to make jalapeno cornbread with chili last night. Told her there was jalapenos in the fridge. She pulled one my frozen peppers out the freezer. If I had to fathom a guess it was a bhut. Good news. I get most the corn bread.  :rofl:

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#3 CAPCOM

CAPCOM

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,267 posts
  • aka:Shaggy

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:15 AM

I don't know, I think it is best described when I ignorantly come in contact with sensitive areas after working with anything hot pepper related.
Or is that casual forgetfulness?

Rev 22:17..............CHILI-CON / CHILE-CON is IMMINENT

#4 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:41 AM

I don't know, I think it is best described when I ignorantly come in contact with sensitive areas after working with anything hot pepper related.
Or is that casual forgetfulness?

that happens even when i'm trying to be careful... unless I wear gloves... something's going to burn. Sometimes more than a little. I've had it so bad I was dancing around the house and ended up having to jump in the shower because it was burning so bad. 

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#5 CAPCOM

CAPCOM

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:45 AM

that happens even when i'm trying to be careful... unless I wear gloves... something's going to burn. Sometimes more than a little. I've had it so bad I was dancing around the house and ended up having to jump in the shower because it was burning so bad.

OUCH! Just doesn't quite do it, does it?

Edited by CAPCOM, 31 December 2015 - 08:47 AM.

#6 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:49 AM

lol, it was a slow building pain, took a min to even kick in. best comparison is like someone duct taped a cigarette to it and the cherry kept getting closer and closer. first it was mild and barely noticeable and then after a few minutes I was squirming and a few more minutes I was dancing around whining and ran to the shower. 

Find me on Instagram

#7 CAPCOM

CAPCOM

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:55 AM

lol, it was a slow building pain, took a min to even kick in. best comparison is like someone duct taped a cigarette to it and the cherry kept getting closer and closer. first it was mild and barely noticeable and then after a few minutes I was squirming and a few more minutes I was dancing around whining and ran to the shower.

Enter the dairy drench.

#8 Hybrid Mode 01

Hybrid Mode 01

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 5,216 posts
  • aka:Shonas
  • (x1)
  • (x1)

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:36 AM

Suppositories are not for external use.

"Nobody wins in a dairy challenge."       -Kenny Rogers

#9 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:13 AM

dunca_hump_icebag.jpg

Find me on Instagram

#10 SavinaRed

SavinaRed

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:26 AM

Jalapenos are hot.  :onfire:

#11 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:30 AM

The time I tossed a bunch of reaper and moruga flakes into the coffee grinder and opened it in the kitchen immediately effectively nuking the house and my girlfriend who was standing next to me. She ran out the room gagging and screaming " I fcking hate you, I fcking hate you" over and over. 

That hurt a lot. Talk about clearing some sinuses. I had snot pouring for almost an hour. 

Find me on Instagram

#12 CAPCOM

CAPCOM

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:40 AM

The time I tossed a bunch of reaper and moruga flakes into the coffee grinder and opened it in the kitchen immediately effectively nuking the house and my girlfriend who was standing next to me. She ran out the room gagging and screaming " I fcking hate you, I fcking hate you" over and over. 

That hurt a lot. Talk about clearing some sinuses. I had snot pouring for almost an hour.

More stories like that, is a good laugh.
Cause I have been almost there before.

#13 Mabuse

Mabuse

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:42 PM

Where I live there's not much "hot pepper culture", and many people call every hot pepper the same: "ají puta parió" (which translates something like "fuck! chilli", like one is to say "fuck!" after eating one, or at least that's how I interpret the name). So sometimes, in a market, I see a pepper I don't know and ask what type of pepper it is, and they always answer the same -Oh, that one is a 'puta parió'.

#14 jsschrstrcks

jsschrstrcks

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:57 PM

I thought puta described a woman of low morals?

#15 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:19 PM

fcking bore?

Find me on Instagram

#16 Mabuse

Mabuse

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:59 PM

I thought puta described a woman of low morals?

It does, but as is often the case with cuss words, it tends to dissatach from its literal meaning and get a generic insulting or moaning meaning.

#17 jsschrstrcks

jsschrstrcks

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:08 PM

It does, but as is often the case with cuss words, it tends to dissatach from its literal meaning and get a generic insulting or moaning meaning.

So the literal meaning, if I remember the little Spanish I've picked up over the years, and from high-school is "whore's baby coming out". That is kind of a funny name for a pepper :P - guessing thats tied to the ring sting haha.

#18 Zackorz

Zackorz

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:00 AM

Well i lost the labels of some peppers and had to guess which one is "Fatalii" and which one "Numxe Suave". So far so good, the fruits from the first plant were orange to red so i tought that must be the "Numex". 

I ate a little fruit and it turned out to be mild, so i made the mistake to eat another fruit. Hell no-- i didnt knew a pepper could start the burn that late. After 3 Minutes my ears began to whistle and i got panic attacks. Never had such a freaky burn, 

Well it turned out that it was a "Fatalii Red" instead of a "Yellow". I learned the hard way to label my chilis correct.

Edited by Zackorz, 05 January 2016 - 11:01 AM.

#19 wildseed57

wildseed57

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:55 PM

This is more hot pepper powder related, I have a one pound container of Naga, Brain strain, Jonah, Pepper powder that I made over a year ago. So I decided to share some with my Chiropractor so I gave him a small Herb bottle of the power, but failed to label it. :rolleyes:  

He took it home and his wife found it and tasted it thinking it was maybe Paprika or Cumin as it was unmarked. :fireball:   

He said his wife ran around screaming "what is this stuff " followed by I'm going to kill you, if you don't label things".  "Oh my god my mouth won't stop burning!  :fireball:  Needless to say, He now label things he gets from me.

#20 spicefreak

spicefreak

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:03 PM

Well i lost the labels of some peppers and had to guess which one is "Fatalii" and which one "Numxe Suave". So far so good, the fruits from the first plant were orange to red so i tought that must be the "Numex". 

I ate a little fruit and it turned out to be mild, so i made the mistake to eat another fruit. Hell no-- i didnt knew a pepper could start the burn that late. After 3 Minutes my ears began to whistle and i got panic attacks. Never had such a freaky burn, 

Well it turned out that it was a "Fatalii Red" instead of a "Yellow". I learned the hard way to label my chilis correct.

Fatalii are weird like that. The heat doesn't really start to build until after you swallow and seems to affect people far more than its hab-like heat rating would suggest.

Makes the absolute best vinegar for use in salad dressings though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests