• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Blackened Seared Tuna...

Blackened tuna with homemade blackening seasoning, scratch made black beans, Spanish rice and hydroponic butter lettuce.

12540697_1136575466376178_284019672066142987_n.jpg

i know that is perfectly seared, and the way it is supposed to be served, but I need it cooked a bit more for my liking.  

PS.  Most restaurants dishes do not look that good.   :clap:  :clap:

tctenten said:
i know that is perfectly seared, and the way it is supposed to be served, but I need it cooked a bit more for my liking.  

PS.  Most restaurants dishes do not look that good.   :clap:  :clap:

That is perfection, don't really even like the taste of cooked tuna, but love the sashimi, so give me the "sushi with a sear" just like that!!!!
JoynersHotPeppers said:
I dressed it post photo :)

How?

The Hot Pepper said:

That is perfection, don't really even like the taste of cooked tuna, but love the sashimi, so give me the "sushi with a sear" just like that!!!!

How?

It is and I know it.  I have been slowly moving down the scale from cooked to raw, but I am not there just yet.  Just look how uniform he got the sear on those slices.  

The Hot Pepper said:

How?
Kiss of wassabi ;) 
tctenten said:

It is and I know it.  I have been slowly moving down the scale from cooked to raw, but I am not there just yet.  Just look how uniform he got the sear on those slices.  
CI on high 1 min each side of the big sides then 30 secs on each of the 4 sides...all done!

Did you blacken in oil?  :P

#Jay where are you???? You may like this answer...

Searing tuna, it's understood, just messin with J, giving him ammo for his oil claim.

Back