• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Santi's 2016 Glog

First, the list…

7 Pot Yellow
Aji Blanco Christal
Aji Brazillian Starfish
Aji Limon
Aji Omni
Allepo
AZ 88
Bahamian Goat
Bhut Jolokia
Big Jim
Bolsa de Dulce
Bonda Ma Jacque
Cayenne
Chapeu du Frade
Chocolate Habanero
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet
Congo Yellow
Fatalii
Fidalga Roxa
Goatsweed Hoglesgs
Jalapeno
Orange Habenro
Paper Lantern Habanero
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
Urfa Biber
Yellow Devilstongue

I have been planting in waves. First waves back in December, then it seems like every week since then. Just set some to germinate last week in some snazzy dollar store containers and the last plant will be on February 15th for the growdown throwdown (have to wait that day, or my wife will kill me if I do it on Valentine’s day).

The first batch was the largest in the 72 hex container. I had started a few in Dixie cups, but noticed after cutting a slit for drainage the cups lose a lot of their durability, so decided the first few to germinate went in Dixie cups. Paper Lantern and Big Jim, of the 8 cups only 3 made it. Still waiting for Bhut Jolokia (only had 2 seeds), Devilstongue, Jalapeno’s (probably won’t make it, tell the story later) and the scorpion (has been a month, but some others have just hooked in the last days so hoping these make it).

Here is my starter set up until it warms up enough in the garage. Used a shoe rack, power supply I had, hex trays from last year, dollar store items and some LED lights. Overall only cost me about $11. Found some nice 12 tray containers at the dollar store for the second plants. Nice find. And then the little white containers to try to germinate. Used the papertowel in a ziploc for the first, didn’t have much luck a lot of them rotted. 

20160125_013417529_iOS_zpsa3gvktyd.jpg
g

mpicante said:
Nice list! Whats az88? Good luck on the season

So I have never been able to find anything on it, it is something I have gotten from a local nursery over the years. It is not quite as meaty as a Big Jim but fairly large, and packs 5x the heat. It is my favorite chile by far.

Got the plants some new shoes. Some weren't ready but others were getting way to leggy and out of room. So they are going through some shock, may lose a couple but it had to be done. I do not think I drilled the holes big enough as the bottom water was taking quite some time and not sure it made it up as far as needed.

20160205_030527234_iOS_zpspkcepoeu.jpg

20160205_030530031_iOS_zpsbcezerb1.jpg

My son is growing an Okra plant, that's the tall beast in the back.

20160205_030538025_iOS_zpsyifyaxkx.jpg

It was bring your plants to work day today.... Ran out of space at home so brought in 5 of the little ones to work, put them out when I leave in the light, hide them in the cabinets for 6 hours to get some sleep.

Aji Omni and Fidalga couresy of D3MON1C!
20160218_161404473_iOS_zpscxypxxee.jpg

These were some of the first ones I started, they got real leggy as I didnt have my light set up fast enough. Should be ok though

20160218_161401338_iOS_zpstypm2lj7.jpg

20160218_161351633_iOS_zps8fqtpdjo.jpg

This guy at work bought a 3d printer and printed me up a planter, nice little bottom water set up. May try a semi hydro set up, its not the biggest thing but be fun to keep a plant here at work.

20160218_161320883_iOS_zpsgnadgexw.jpg

Going to transplant some CSBs from MR. CSB tonight. Will get some more pictures up.

It has been crazy busy with buying a new house I havn't been able to put up any updates. I got a new shelf (upgraded from my shoe rack) to hold the plants, and bought some more LEDS (which are significantly brighter then the original order) and the plants seem to be doing really well. One plant got burnt on the leaves from touching the top of the lights (in the shoe rack) and I fried one of my CPU by hitting my shoe rack over and i guess one of the soldering joints did not grab well.. Other than that things are going good. Have about 80 plants here, 5 at work, 10 at my grand parents. Over all going well! 

Did a quick 10 sec video with my phone just to show the new set up. Not sure how to embed code for video to play here so its a link for now.

alkhall said:
Very healthy looking indeed!

Huge leaves for such small plants, and very dark green.

Well done.

Thanks for the encouragement! I think this year I finally got them growing better.  I think the lighting alone has helped.
We bought a new house, got the keys last Friday so havn't been able to update this as I would like.

Chocolate Hab

20160312_165243812_iOS_zps8otiupma.jpg

Bahamian Goat (This variety seems to like my place the most. All my Goats are doing great, this one has probably doubled in size the last week! (this is a week old picture)

20160312_170544526_iOS_zpsrkrnhvlb.jpg

Fidalga Roxa (leaves are starting to turn purple, can't wait for them to fully turn!)
20160312_170718945_iOS_zpszpfwv15j.jpg

My Big Jim that I had to bring to work started to sprout some flowers! Kinda cool. Undecided if I will pull them or just let them grow and experiment on growing a plant in my office

IMG_1446_zpsc3hivxah.jpg

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
Hey there.. Nice and healthy looking plants - we have very similar grow lists too! Good luck!

Probably because most of the seeds came from you! You and Demonic hooked it up! Let me know if you need anything!

Peter S said:
Wow, your plants look great! Nice mix too.

Thank you!

capsidadburn said:
Great looking plants Santis!  Best of luck with your season.  Do you get extended days of hi 100° F temps there?

Mike

We tend to get maybe a handful of 100+ typically in the upper 90s, but dry. so it beats up on the plants pretty bad. Hows the summer weather in Round Rock?

Back