• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

rghm 2017 glog

Yes, it is right, 2017.  Why 2017? Because I want to be the first to start the 2017 glog! Any prize???
Joking! :)

In fact I want to have an earlier start, and try to cut back my grow. To work a bit to my addiction. Probably 2016 will be the same as 2014 and 2015, with a large (TOO LARGE) variety of peppers on a too small garden. Which also means mostly only 1 or 2 plants per variety. Sometime that one plant produce only few pods. Which means can't do much with them, and not many seeds. Can't enjoy in those peppers, can't share seeds. Can't make powder out of 2 pods. So, the idea is to add a variety only if I can find a strong reason to grow it. Reasons like "why not?" or "let's try this too" are no more allowed. I hope to grow less varieties, but more plants per variety.

The grow list will be flexible (and I mean to DELETE some if the reason is not quite strong).

First entry is LEMON DROP - reason: very nice flavor, versatile, can be used in powder mixes, can be used for sweets. (writing this, I feel no more so sure, these could be reasons for so many peppers... but, hey! we speak about Lemon drop!).

rghm1u20 said:
 So, the idea is to add a variety only if I can find a strong reason to grow it. Reasons like "why not?" or "let's try this too" are no more allowed. I hope to grow less varieties, but more plants per variety.

such discipline, i'm impressed

i meant to grow less this year too yet i have a 72 cell and two 50 cell seedling trays planted :banghead:
it looks like my backyard, part of the neighbors, my in-laws, friends, and maybe even randomly throughout the neighborhood :shh: are going to have peppers this year :D

I wish you the best of luck for your grow, both this year and 2017 :)

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper 

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
such discipline, i'm impressed

I hope will be more than theory :) Not just bla-bla-bla...

I also have a "secret" grow list, intended to land on my parents ground, but not sure. Didn't germinate any of them yet... Maybe will quit this idea, and share from my list.

Wish you also best luck with your peppers!

Back