• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Peppers dying in coyt stage

I have posted here before about the low germination rate of my Primos, well i had 2 germinate, planted them, a few weeks later they sprouted, one still had the seed stuck on his head like an idiot. I let them do their thing, the seed fell off, made sure not to water them as the soil stayed moist. However both of them died. The aji amarillo that received the same type of care are still alive and seem to be doing okay, none of the plants have true leaves yet.

is this common with super hots? how can i prevent this from happening again?

Lets see some pics of your setup . Sounds like they are drowning or not getting enough light . 

romy6 said:
 Lets see some pics of your setup . Sounds like they are drowning or not getting enough light . 
I don't really have a  "setup" I keep them in a well lit window when its cold outside as the outside temperature fluctuates a lot.

ablizno said:
I don't really have a  "setup" I keep them in a well lit window when its cold outside as the outside temperature fluctuates a lot.
If they are really close to the window and the window does not really keep the outdoor temp out, they may get too cold as well. If you can measure the heat near the window.

I live in Florida as well and have found starting plants inside with a good heat source or proper lighting is a must  . Wait until about March and then you can start them outdoors and they will explode . Or consider buying an Aerogarden . They are fantastic for starting pepper plants . Very easy to maintain ad they push right through the seedling stage ( which is the hardest stage for all plants) and you can harden them off when they are about 6 inches tall . 

IMG_4853.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

Back