• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Simon's GLOG 2016

483bb3170add9dc8811161c784af88ae.jpg

This year, I've greatly reduced the number of varieties I'm growing. Hopefully, the plants I do grow will have enough space, and more of my attention [emoji3]

The grow list this year consists of;

Diamond White
Lombardo
Paprika Greygo
Cherio Roxa
Aji Pickled Frog
Paprika Kurtovzska Kapia
Jalapeño Early
Chocolate Beauty
Frigitello
Aji Habanero

I'm also writing some blog articles about my growing year. The first one is at http://justsimon.co.uk/chilli-plants-how-to-start-the-chilli-growing-season/.

It's just the basic info about how I like to grow from seed.

All the best Simon for this season's grow ... don't forget the pictures as they progress ... grew Cheiro Roxa a few years ago and thought it was a great chilli variety lovely pinkish colour

Paprika Greygo ??

Greygo - Kamba type pepper with thick walls and very sweet flavor, perfect for stuffing, matures from green to orange and then to bright red, 3-4 oz, 3.5" wide by 2.5" long, ribbed, flat bottomed, sweet even when green, late to turn red.
596px-Greygo_Green1.jpg

Paprika is a spice made from air-dried fruits of the chili pepper family of the species Capsicum annuum. Although paprika is often associated with Hungarian cuisine, the chilies from which it is made are native to the New World, introduced to the Old World from the Americas. Originating in central Mexico it was brought to Spain in the 16th century. The seasoning is also used to add color and flavor to many types of dishes.

dragonsfire said:
Paprika Greygo ??
  Greygo - Kamba type pepper with thick walls and very sweet flavor, perfect for stuffing, matures from green to orange and then to bright red, 3-4 oz, 3.5" wide by 2.5" long, ribbed, flat bottomed, sweet even when green, late to turn red.
596px-Greygo_Green1.jpg

Paprika is a spice made from air-dried fruits of the chili pepper family of the species Capsicum annuum. Although paprika is often associated with Hungarian cuisine, the chilies from which it is made are native to the New World, introduced to the Old World from the Americas. Originating in central Mexico it was brought to Spain in the 16th century. The seasoning is also used to add color and flavor to many types of dishes.
This is what I'm expecting. As you can see, my grow list has lots of Sweet Peppers this time.

paprika-greygo-zki.jpg

I've also added to my grow list the following Tomatoes;

Sweet Million (my favourite, but only 3 would germinate)

Red Cherry (possible accidental cross)

Tiny Tim (lots of extras for the family)

Very nice. They should start taking off, now that they're in the green house.

I needs green house. It seems everyone over there has one.

Anyways, good luck with your grow.

b949df8dce6fcd050c03f70a0bfa4584.jpg

I still awaiting the harvest. However, I got some bargain supermarket Jalapeños to pickle!

Sent from my MEDION E5004 using Tapatalk

The pickled jalapeños are great in tacos, sandwiches and burgers. I will also try them on custom pizzas, which I imagine will be good too.

Sent from my MEDION E5004 using Tapatalk

I'm now getting some fruit....

The Golden Greek (Lombardo), were the first off... Now pickled in jars.

The Early Jalapeño followed shortly after. They have grown well. Salsa and Guacamole is on the way...

The Trinidad Moruga Scorpion produced ripe fruit. Followed closely by the 7-pot Douglah. I was surprised these chinenses fruited before all of the baccatums and sweet peppers.

Pics to follow... and hopefully more peppers

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Back